Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Mazda Vision Coupe Concept

Damn.

This best be the next 6 (it's really 6-y...I'm here all week)

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/maz...-one-sexy.html

Last edited by pjl35; 10-24-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:31 PM
Raconteur

It's very attractive, but...

It's probably a rather radical concept version of an incredibly lackluster update of the 6 that likely is coming.

Given how abysmally the 6 sells, replacing it with a RWD coupesedan aimed at the Lexus ES might be a strategy.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Stunning, but yeah I doubt the new 6 will be that cab-backward. Should still look handsome even with the current car's proportions, though.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

This is a hot concept, but, I'm not sure if it previews design-language, or perhaps an upcoming, larger and upmarket halo-car offering in the form of a 4-door coupe. I'm going by a couple of reports that I came across. The details and powertrain are still a mystery at the time that I post this. I'm hoping that a large, top-end model results from this, however, it would probably be a hybrid, with a possible turbo-4 mated to electric motors.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:53 AM
Raconteur

If it were high end, it would be electric most likely.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:51 AM

There are some rumors floating the internet that Mazda is planning to make the next 6 RWD (!!!).

The general details of the concept are actually pretty consistent w/ Mazda's current design language.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:39 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
There are some rumors floating the internet that Mazda is planning to make the next 6 RWD (!!!).

The general details of the concept are actually pretty consistent w/ Mazda's current design language.
I've read this previews the next Mazda 6, but why on earth make it RWD? RWD is kind of "nice to have" in the premium segment, but Mazda isn't playing there. Also, as an independent car maker Mazda is comparably small, so making a RWD platform for a mid sized car (and no, they can't use the lightweight and small MX5 platform for a 6 sedan, it's way too bespoke for that) makes little economical sense. Unless they manage to use either a Toyota/Lexus RWD platform, or can base it of the Alfa Giulia's Giorgio platform in exchange for the Mazda derived Fiat 124, which I highly doubt.

Also, the disadvantages in terms of interior space would be considerable, and given teh 6 is already not among the most spacious cars in it#s segment, I doubt the average Mazda sedan customer (which nowadays is US based, and probably China) would want to trade even more interior space for handling advantages or "enthusiast" feeling...
Old 10-25-2017, 11:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
Stunning, but yeah I doubt the new 6 will be that cab-backward. Should still look handsome even with the current car's proportions, though.
Agreed. I'm quite sure any future Mazda 6 won't disappoint.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Agreed. I'm quite sure any future Mazda 6 won't disappoint.
Apparently, great styling did the Mazda6 no favors. It's gorgeous, but it sells so poorly that Mazda could stop selling it and no one would notice.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I've read this previews the next Mazda 6, but why on earth make it RWD? RWD is kind of "nice to have" in the premium segment, but Mazda isn't playing there. Also, as an independent car maker Mazda is comparably small, so making a RWD platform for a mid sized car (and no, they can't use the lightweight and small MX5 platform for a 6 sedan, it's way too bespoke for that) makes little economical sense. Unless they manage to use either a Toyota/Lexus RWD platform, or can base it of the Alfa Giulia's Giorgio platform in exchange for the Mazda derived Fiat 124, which I highly doubt.

Also, the disadvantages in terms of interior space would be considerable, and given teh 6 is already not among the most spacious cars in it#s segment, I doubt the average Mazda sedan customer (which nowadays is US based, and probably China) would want to trade even more interior space for handling advantages or "enthusiast" feeling...
They've been trying to move upmarket as of late, so that could be part of the reasoning if they do indeed go RWD.