Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Id imagine this small crossover will not be destined for north america.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
It will be if it is indeed the next Ecosport
Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually, you're probably wrong. Ford has been quite clear that the current American version of the Ecosport would be replaced quickly as it was a Third-World Special in its design and hastily adapted for elsewhere.

The "baby" Bronco will effectively replace the Focus here--the Focus Active would have been a temporary/stop-gap model--and a new Ecosport would take the place of the Fiesta.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

AM2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With the North American Focus and Fiesta out of the picture, Ford will need something cheaper than the Escape. The next EcoSport will most likely continue to be sold in North America.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The "baby" Bronco will effectively replace the Focus here
Don't you think the now much more car-like upcoming Escape seems to be a more logical in-direct replacement of the Focus than the more rugged-looking baby Bronco?
2020 Escape

baby Bronco

I assume the move to make the Escape's styling more car-like is to further differentiate it from the more rugged-looking baby Bronco which has a more traditional SUV profile.

Last edited by AM2; 01-12-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:56 AM
Raconteur

The Escape is effectively one size up from a Focus hatchback.

The the Baby Bronco is a Focus-replacing crossover and this Fiesta mule is a Fiesta/Ecosport replacing crossover.

I'd love to see them drop "Ecosport" and replace it with "Maverick". Hell, I'd even prefer Pinto over Ecosport.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
The Escape is effectively one size up from a Focus hatchback.

The the Baby Bronco is a Focus-replacing crossover and this Fiesta mule is a Fiesta/Ecosport replacing crossover.

I'd love to see them drop "Ecosport" and replace it with "Maverick". Hell, I'd even prefer Pinto over Ecosport.
If the Escape and Baby Bronco are both Focus-based and essentially the same size, why is the latter a Focus replacement but the former is not? Wouldn’t it effectively be that they both are?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
If the Escape and Baby Bronco are both Focus-based and essentially the same size, why is the latter a Focus replacement but the former is not? Wouldn’t it effectively be that they both are?
You love to be contrary for the sake of being contrary and you also play stupid really well sometimes.

(1) The Focus and Escape are both well defined in the market as separate segments with the Escape having been a credible force in the small crossover market. So, there is that.

(2) Your foolishness is saying that a well-established vehicle in one segment is suddenly going to be repurposed to replace a much slower selling vehicle in another segment. That is illogical.

(3) Then there is the obvious size difference between a Focus hatchback and an Escape. The Baby Bronco being smaller than the Escape fills that size that Ford created by killing the Focus for the USA.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
You love to be contrary for the sake of being contrary and you also play stupid really well sometimes.

(1) The Focus and Escape are both well defined in the market as separate segments with the Escape having been a credible force in the small crossover market. So, there is that.

(2) Your foolishness is saying that a well-established vehicle in one segment is suddenly going to be repurposed to replace a much slower selling vehicle in another segment. That is illogical.

(3) Then there is the obvious size difference between a Focus hatchback and an Escape. The Baby Bronco being smaller than the Escape fills that size that Ford created by killing the Focus for the USA.
I WAS JUST ASKING A QUESTION BECAUSE I WAS GENUINELY CURIOUS. I wasn't playing stupid. Given that the Focus is no more in the U.S., it could be that Ford was now considering lower trims of the Escape to fill the gap that the Focus made in between the Ecosport and higher trim levels, or that since both the Baby Bronco and Escape are expected to be similar in size (we've only seen one grainy profile pic), they would both attempt to absorb the customers that previously went to the Focus. I was just asking what your thought process was, but apparently I'm not allowed to do that. You could have said everything you just did without the snark and had a mature dialogue, but instead you chose this.

Thanks for throwing insult after insult, just to be a dick because you assumed I had an ulterior motive and acting like everyone is against you. Grow up. No one can have a straightforward conversation with you at this point, because that means we're being "contrary just to be contrary": do tell where in my question I said anything insulting or aggressive to you. I'm done.

Last edited by pjl35; 01-14-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Personally I think the slightly less truckish/bold Escape will cater those Focus customers, that want a more car like option, and a Baby Bronco those Escape people, that miss the bold design; A smaller, Fiesta based (or Focus, if the 5 lug nuts really indicate that) based EcoSport (though clearly this is half a size at least larger than the currnet EcoSPort) can cater Fiesta and base FOcus customers as well as replace the subpar current EcoSport (and I agree with swizzle, I really hope they go for a different name)