currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
And what would there "normal" rollout schedule look like?
This feels more like a statement wrapped in a question :)

I'd be surprised if it's not out on the market within 6-12 months of originally promised.

Yes, Model S was late - it was their first time making a car from the ground up (stamping, manufacturing,etc) - and had a lot of stuff that complicated the launch (door handles being the biggest one).

Yes, Model X was late - but he went overboard on tech which made (makes) it difficult to manufacture.

Model 3 seems to be on a different trajectory - with production beginning next month (for employees only) - so within their scope off when they said it'd launch (end of 2017)

This one? Really depends on where they go from a difficult to manufacture stand point; I suspect they'll have learned a lot from Model 3 - and it'll fall within 6-12 months.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
This feels more like a statement wrapped in a question :)

I'd be surprised if it's not out on the market within 6-12 months of originally promised.

Yes, Model S was late - it was their first time making a car from the ground up (stamping, manufacturing,etc) - and had a lot of stuff that complicated the launch (door handles being the biggest one).

Yes, Model X was late - but he went overboard on tech which made (makes) it difficult to manufacture.

Model 3 seems to be on a different trajectory - with production beginning next month (for employees only) - so within their scope off when they said it'd launch (end of 2017)

This one? Really depends on where they go from a difficult to manufacture stand point; I suspect they'll have learned a lot from Model 3 - and it'll fall within 6-12 months.
I'm trying to understand how you can say all that with a straight face. Yes, this was late, but... Yes, this was also late, but... Yes, this might not be late, but we don't know because it hasn't happened yet.

All of the models you noted that are currently on the road were late. The Model 3 is a question mark because their promised on sale dates haven't happened yet...so you don't really have anything to back up your claim that the Model Y will get here on time.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Why do I have the feeling this will be more crossover than real suv?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I'm trying to understand how you can say all that with a straight face. Yes, this was late, but... Yes, this was also late, but... Yes, this might not be late, but we don't know because it hasn't happened yet.

All of the models you noted that are currently on the road were late. The Model 3 is a question mark because their promised on sale dates haven't happened yet...so you don't really have anything to back up your claim that the Model Y will get here on time.
Glad to see that you read my entire post...sigh.

LITERALLY the first sentence.....**I'D BE SURPRISED IF IT'S NOT OUT ON MARKET WITHIN 6-12 MONTHS OF ORIGINALLY PROMISED** - So, put another way, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE LATE.

I then went on to support WHY I think it's going to be late, but noted that Model 3 to start production next month.

Sheesh.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Glad to see that you read my entire post...sigh.

LITERALLY the first sentence.....**I'D BE SURPRISED IF IT'S NOT OUT ON MARKET WITHIN 6-12 MONTHS OF ORIGINALLY PROMISED** - So, put another way, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE LATE.

I then went on to support WHY I think it's going to be late, but noted that Model 3 to start production next month.

Sheesh.
Apologies, I breezed right past that.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Apologies, I breezed right past that.
It happens :)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Why do I have the feeling this will be more crossover than real suv?
B/c that's what's dominating the market right now (and for the foreseeable future)? Can't imagine why Testla would *want* to make a real SUV.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:14 PM
CSS Veteran

Swallow Doretti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure what you mean where? Where is it going to launch? I'm assuming their normal roll out schedule; followed by world wide.
Tesla is saying it goes on-sale in 2019. But they don't have a factory to build it. They haven't even selected a location to put a factory in which to build it. The chances of this reaching production by 2019 are a solid ZERO. But media is reporting it like it's going to deliver then, which is just frustrating. Just like most Model 3s won't deliver until the end of 2018, if then.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Fremont should be able to handle it with no issues. Even with the Model 3 at capacity, there is still a massive wing of that factory that isn't utilized. If that isn't feasible, the. I'm sure the robotic technology used for M3 can handle multiple products on a line... Reality is that Mazda makes most of their cars on one assembly line - so if it can be done for them, there is zero reason Tesla can't do it.

I don't think it'll hit market by 2019 though; just not for the reasons you mentioned
Old 06-08-2017, 03:44 AM

The Car-man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fremont should be able to handle it with no issues. Even with the Model 3 at capacity, there is still a massive wing of that factory that isn't utilized. If that isn't feasible, the. I'm sure the robotic technology used for M3 can handle multiple products on a line... Reality is that Mazda makes most of their cars on one assembly line - so if it can be done for them, there is zero reason Tesla can't do it.

I don't think it'll hit market by 2019 though; just not for the reasons you mentioned
In Elon mind the model Y is an independent platform from model 3, sharing nothing but batteries, also will use a 48V wiring to reduce the use of cable and make it easier to build with a total automated "alien dreadgnouht"

I just wonder why not base the model Y in the model 3 platform and use the new 48V platform for the next generation model S?
Model S is aging and US sales took a sharp decline last quarter, attributed according to Elon, to buyers think that model 3 is the new top of the line car.

Last edited by The Car-man; 06-08-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Closed Thread