Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2016, 04:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
As bored as I usually am with Audi, something about this looks really good.
Agree. I think the lower bumper is more worked out than usual. Together with the headlights and the more angular grille, it looks rather muscular and mean for an Audi.

It's a pity that Audi does not install in the A4 the wonderful pneumatic suspension from the A6 Allroad. And i can see why...it is probably the only selling point of the bigger brother over this one.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:30 AM
Raconteur

Audi: untruth in engineering

Why would anyone buy this German Camry over the C Class? Mercedes: winner takes all.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:31 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Why would anyone buy this German Camry over the C Class? Mercedes: winner takes all.
I think it'll have a lower starting price and more standard equipment. The C-Class is also the most cramped 184-in sedan I've ever sat it; I assume the Audi will be more spacious.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:45 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I think it'll have a lower starting price and more standard equipment. The C-Class is also the most cramped 184-in sedan I've ever sat it; I assume the Audi will be more spacious.
So the wannabees will buy it...
Old 01-12-2016, 06:16 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
So the wannabees will buy it...
Nah, they already bought the A3....

Truth be told, there probably is a place for this car. More spacious than essentially all other "regular" competitors, likely to have a quiet and perhaps smoother ride than most (except for the C-Class), w/ a richer interior than all others (again, except the Mercedes.... although I actually wasn't super impressed w/ the C-Class when I had one as a loaner). The tech should also be class-leading... if they can make it work reliably.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:21 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Why would anyone buy this German Camry over the C Class?
żBecause it's a better car? For starters, MB has no car able to compete with this allroad variant, in terms of niche position. Second, the C is not the wonder car many seem to believe...i wrote about that here:
http://www.carspyshots.net/showpost....5&postcount=31
Old 01-12-2016, 08:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
According to most German magazines, Audi managed to make the A4 even tighter in the back (though personally I would say they are all rather smallish inside, not offering more usable space than any non premium c-segment car). The C-Class at least looks small in flesh, so you are kind of expecting it's cramped. With the A4, it comes as bit of a surprise...
Old 01-12-2016, 08:54 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Second, the C is not the wonder car many seem to believe...i wrote about that here:
http://www.carspyshots.net/showpost....5&postcount=31
I have to admit that I'm a little confused by all the love the C-Class gets, too. I thought it was cramped, not any quieter than the previous generation, and that the steering had a very strange, completely artificial, and rather unpleasantly glue-y sensation. It tracks better at freeway speed than the last generation, but that's not saying much (the W204 has VERY loose steering); I otherwise can't say that I prefer the steering in the current version. It's hard to compare the ride b/c of the runflats; I'd say that, w/ normal tires, the ride of the W205 would likely be vastly superior.

The interior is very prettily designed, but the base version don't really have better quality materials than the W204. The center console is also so broad that it makes the front area very cramped. Visibility in all directions is also worse.

The W205 is a superior car overall, but it's also significantly more expensive.... And significantly less reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78
The C-Class at least looks small in flesh, so you are kind of expecting it's cramped.
That's the thing; it looks small, but it actually isn't. It's actually only about an inch shorter than an A4. The A6 is impressive b/c it has an interior that's both spacious, airy, and yet intimate feeling. We'll see if the A4 can approach that....

At any rate, I look forward to reading some reviews of the car.

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 01-12-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The 2019 MY (facelift) has arrived:

sedan:

https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2019-a4/

Avant:

https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2019-a4_avant/

Updates are minimal, classic nowadays "why bother" facelift.

Changes are mostly down to the front bumper and the reshaped and enlarged lower (mostly fake) air intakes, and a reshaped rear bumper with two large (again, fake) exhaust pipes. New wheel designs are available as well.

Unlike most rumors theres are no news inside apart form a few updated trim colors, given the press release does not mention any new engines or tech likely there is none. The popular S-Line trim package now gets a further "S-Line Competition package", giving further visual aggression.