Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
I've always said that not bringing the Old Note over was a mistake. Simply because its a better size than the Versa.

This has style and hopefully right sized and should be sold in the US. No excuses.
It was also a mistake that the Note was not released in Australia as well. Note would have had a chance of selling in decent volumes while not tarnishing the Nissan brand here, which was really one of the few things the Tiida / Versa (which Nissan decided to import instead) did very well at. But anyway, Nissan Australia have learn't from their mistakes and are importing the very awful Versa sedan later this year which will no doubt be another sales disaster. And probably find an excuse not to sell this quite nice looking hatchback.

Last edited by ocn75; 07-16-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 PM
CSS Veteran

I like exterior changes, dont like Interior too much though, i think they should have done better.

But Note is a cheap car... it is actually quite large with wheelbase same as Corolla, just shorter overhangs... A lot of space inside, it is one size up on Yaris and Fit. But cheaper than both.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM
NISMO by another name..

I'm pretty sure we'll get the new TIIDA as the Versa hatchback replacement for NA and I'm not mad about that.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Product video from Nissan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYgAH...feature=relmfu

I think will look better with the aero kit.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:03 PM
CSS Veteran

Looks nice. Definitely better-looking compared to the first generation. :)
Old 07-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
...Nissan Australia have learn't from their mistakes and are importing the very awful Versa sedan later this year which will no doubt be another sales disaster. And probably find an excuse not to sell this quite nice looking hatchback.
The Versa sedan is truly a terrible product. Forget its hideous styling, the Fiesta, Sonic, Accent, and Rio sedans all drive better to the point that even the Versa's supposed price advantage isn't enough to smooth over just how terrible it is. I've never been in or driven a Lada, but the Versa is how bad I imagine a Lada being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATSUN View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll get the new TIIDA as the Versa hatchback replacement for NA and I'm not mad about that....
The Note is tasteful in its styling to the point of almost being attractive and the Versa hatch looks like it was styled in the lower intestine. I'd rather have the Note.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATSUN View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll get the new TIIDA as the Versa hatchback replacement for NA and I'm not mad about that.
I durno, it looks fine in pictures, but it just looks like a Leaf with "normal" lights in person (that's not exactly a good thing IMO).
Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM

The 1st gen car was (is) very popular here in the UK - small footprint - very flexible interior (amazing rear legroom) - easy to park - semi high seating position - low Co2 engines sensible price.

This 2nd gen moves the game on nicely..... giving the car a bit more visual impact and higher perceived interior quality (from the photos).

Things I would like to see in the EU version...... Panoramic sunroof and Dual Clutch Auto and then Nissan would have a very competitive piece of kit on their hands.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
I durno, it looks fine in pictures, but it just looks like a Leaf with "normal" lights in person....
I agree. It looks fine.

DATSUN: I was reading that the Note was forming the basis for the US Versa hatchback. Not sure whether this just speculation at this point.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

JDM Note Medalist

http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/...28_555737.html