Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Those fake taillights that go up the sides of the rear are just awful, though. Why bother when there are absolutely no actual lighting elements!? They should've used that space to slightly increase the rear hatch's glass. *Facepalm*
It's just a small piece of reflector... Does is really look that bad??? If it weren't there, it would look like a Fiesta cloned lights.

Quite surprised at the negative response. What is it/else do people dislike about it?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
It's just a small piece of reflector... Does is really look that bad??? If it weren't there, it would look like a Fiesta cloned lights.

Quite surprised at the negative response. What is it/else do people dislike about it?
I'd rather have it look like a fiesta than trying (and failing) to resemble a CR-V or Volvo.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Interior looks okay, but what on earth is going on with that exterior? The nose I can come to terms with, but there's something seriously wrong with that butt.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 PM

I actually like the exterior. It's by no means a looker but I don't know many city cars that are (except for an Alfa Romeo and the Fiat 500 - and the dealer won't sell you a 500 unless you have a vagina).

The previous Fit/Jazz was perhaps better resolved in terms of design, but I can see a male driving the 2014 one and actually look alright.

One thing is for sure. If it's going to be as versatile as the previous generations, it will do very well.

I think Honda dropped the ball with that interior though - and what??? The flat floor is gone...

Last edited by Superamerica; 07-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It's...okay. I like the front, but the grille has a bit too much going on. The side surfacing is a bit cheap-looking; the extra surface change just under the crease running through the door handles is unnecessary, and the way it flows into the rear bumper makes that whole area look bloated. The rear end is too busy as well, and i don't care for the overly blocky dash. Overall, 6/10 (a solid 7 for the sportier red one though)

Last edited by SV; 07-19-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
I actually like the exterior. It's by no means a looker but I don't know many city cars that are (except for an Alfa Romeo and the Fiat 500 - and the dealer won't sell you a 500 unless you have a vagina)....(
Surprisingly, the Mini skews way toward women and perplexingly men over 40 are snapping up the 500. Seems counterintuitive to me. When I was car shopping I considered an Abarth, but even with all the import tuner stuff on it, it still said chick car to me.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:25 PM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Surprisingly, the Mini skews way toward women and perplexingly men over 40 are snapping up the 500. Seems counterintuitive to me. When I was car shopping I considered an Abarth, but even with all the import tuner stuff on it, it still said chick car to me.
I thought the same of the the Abarth until I saw one on the road the other day and the driver gunned it. Holy heck that thing sounded like a spitfire on crack. Crazy deep throaty engine note. And for a moment, I could imagine a large muscular man crammed inside it. The number of diva cabriolet 500s I see has since sullied this image.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
When I was car shopping I considered an Abarth, but even with all the import tuner stuff on it, it still said chick car to me.
The 500 is a very good looking supermini though. But yes, the Abarth is just as masculine as Hello Kitty in a leather jacket and surfer-style sunglasses.

As for the Honda Fit, I see some negative comments about the tail light trim on the C-pillar. I wouldn't really sit behind the Fit/Jazz's back and stare at the rear-end in awe, but I do think the trim pieces add a little coolness to what is in fact just a city car.

I will reiterate that the absence of the flat floor is a step-back. I know Fit owners who thought it was great to just be able to slide things in the rear leg room area of the car (e.g., flat screen tv's) when the seat cushions were up.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

It looks cheap.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 AM

I can't even comprehend how bad this design is. The body is now chubby and cheap looking. It's the very definition of dumpy and that front end...so insect-like.

The second generation was clean and acceptable, if not out-right attractive. That's all been ruined.

It looks like a Chinese copy of a Daewoo Matiz or something.