Old 06-29-2015, 03:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default 2016 Audi A4

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/06/29/f...-2016-audi-a4/

No - against the wall
Old 06-29-2015, 03:17 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Handsome enough, but very predictable. I can see the details getting a bit sharper and edgier, but other than that this could have come out 5 years ago. I think it's time for a change in Audi's design language.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:23 AM
CSS Veteran

Meh. Too much of the same thing over again.

Also, on a slightly random note, having spent the previous 18 months working on cupholders at another OEM, I can tell you right now that cupholder design is suboptimal--tall cups will block the buttons at the lower end of the stack, and consumers don't like side-by-side cupholders in a car this size. Also, not sure where your mobile phone is supposed to go--I think at the back of the console, in front of the armrest. Stuff like this earns dings on JD Power, which I know is the reason why people like to poo-poo the study, but there are direct correlations between poor showings on details like that with lower brand loyalty rates.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:50 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

Would phone placement be decreasing in importance with the rise of wireless integration (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)?

No - against the wall
Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Raconteur

Welcome to 2005. Total fail.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Wow. So different. So new. So groundbreaking. Seriously, even as a facelift this would be a one of those you don't notice in traffic....

The interior, well, I prefer the Giuiia (if only for the better screen integration, obviously Audi decided that if Mercedes and BMW go with the glued on Ipad style, so should they (of course not without sticking up the largest for bragging rights), but my main grippe is, that unlike many more minimalist and elegant Audi interiors, this is quite cluttered with lines, surfaces and buttons, it looks busy (details like those many shuttlines around the screen and the continuous air vent don't help either). The fully digital instruments (optional) are nice, though having driven the new TT with the same feature I must say the wow/cool factor last for about 15 minutes, or until you have sun from about 7-8 o'clock position and the screen becomes illegible...
Old 06-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Wow. So different. So new. So groundbreaking. Seriously, even as a facelift this would be a one of those you don't notice in traffic....

The interior, well, I prefer the Giuiia (if only for the better screen integration, obviously Audi decided that if Mercedes and BMW go with the glued on Ipad style, so should they (of course not without sticking up the largest for bragging rights), but my main grippe is, that unlike many more minimalist and elegant Audi interiors, this is quite cluttered with lines, surfaces and buttons, it looks busy (details like those many shuttlines around the screen and the continuous air vent don't help either). The fully digital instruments (optional) are nice, though having driven the new TT with the same feature I must say the wow/cool factor last for about 15 minutes, or until you have sun from about 7-8 o'clock position and the screen becomes illegible...
Totally agree. The interior is lazy. And even worse is that VW nailed the full width airvent on the passat yet on the A4 (and Q7) its broken up by the airflow adjustors. Its almost embarrasing that the passat interior looks cleaner and better executed. As for the exterior.....well theres not much to say. The C class, 3 series, XE and Guilia and even Passat are going to eat this alive.

Last edited by fou_bleu; 06-29-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Image not referenced / relevant
Old 06-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member

YAWN!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Blue crazy moderator

Yeah they've played it safe, but at least it's not a bad look - would be good in black with large (19") chromies XD
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Old 06-29-2015, 09:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Not ugly, but an underwhelming and lazy effort all round. And unfortunately, the C- class looks far better, and far more modern and desirable.