Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2015, 03:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
If you're going to have so few buttons on the dash, DON'T USE BLANKS in the most prominent position. Advanced features can for the most part be put into the infotainment menus. I'm sure you can think of 8 buttons that every car will need, no matter how loaded or basic the car is.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Raconteur

I so agree. That interior is neither terrible nor inspired. Hell has frozen over...in this segment I prefer the C Class.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:06 PM

Very yawn inducing. The exterior is boring, except for the slightly new take on the DRL LED arrangement up front. The interior is a mess, it's a weird mix of all the current trends from VW AG. I don't know why they're obsessed with making the air vents look like one long vent. Also, why did they move the MMI touch dial to in front of the gear select? I feel like it's much more comfortable to use this from the arm rest rather than extending your arm forward and having it rest on the gear select. Lastly, it doesn't look like that screen folds away into the dash, which is weird because even the A3 has that.

At least the new steering wheel design looks nice.

I'm excited that cars like the XE and Giulia are entering the market, they'll hopefully ignite some more creativity in the segment.

Last edited by piokor; 06-29-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piokor View Post
The interior is a mess, it's a weird mix of all the current trends from VW AG. I don't know why they're obsessed with making the air vents look like one long vent. Also, why did they move the MMI touch dial to in front of the gear select? I feel like it's much more comfortable to use this from the arm rest rather than extending your arm forward and having it rest on the gear select. Lastly, it doesn't look like that screen folds away into the dash, which is weird because even the A3 has that.
Same goes for the volume knob, which is all by itself with a distinct trim piece as far to the right as the huge shifter as possible.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Another deadly boring new car by "Audi", i think this will bite them in the ass on the long run.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Wow, Audi designers have really been phoning it in lately.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Same goes for the volume knob, which is all by itself with a distinct trim piece as far to the right as the huge shifter as possible.
only logic I can think of is the driver already has volume control on the steering wheel so this is just a convenient place for passenger control of audio functions.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RraX-Le8jx4

The interior actually looks pretty good in this video. Everything looks like it's extremely high quality and it's all very minimalistic. I also like the porous wood trim they used, it looks very modern.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
If you're going to have so few buttons on the dash, DON'T USE BLANKS in the most prominent position. Advanced features can for the most part be put into the infotainment menus. I'm sure you can think of 8 buttons that every car will need, no matter how loaded or basic the car is.
The blanks are indeed unforgivable. Especially if you consider there are loads of buttons elsewhere (even at a ergonomically horrible place down low behind the steering wheel - in the pic above the foot rest), and that this picture car is pretty much loaded with everything. Imagine how empty that looks in your fleet queen 120hp TDI with 16" alloys.....

That adds to the cluttered look that in my eyes the full lengths air vent, the glued on iPad and the many shut lines and varying surfaces, that is very un-Audi to me
Old 06-30-2015, 08:49 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I believe the blanks are there on purpose. To make it evident that you didn't have the money to fill them with optionals. Thus pushing snob-ticking of the spec list when ordering the car.