Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2018, 06:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
What is volume that we have on SUVs/CUVs? Is there a tank or are the batteries located there?

If that volume is empty they should get rid of it. It might then at least get some credentials at "crossing over".

Even swizzle's old Mustang -- a sports car -- is better at crossing over than any SUV/CUV out there.

I don't get what you are on about either. But dam it looks like the offspring of a Hummer and a Volvo.

The board must have approved it after way too many were drunker than a college frat party. Even the ugly girls look good then.....
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Crazy Composer!

Looks like a Hyundai that Chevy has re-skinned.

I still don't like it, they could have gotten something pretty desirable with the overall shape but the detailing has trashed this design.

Also who in the world thinks the word "Blazer" looks good smack dab in the middle of the door? American cars are so tacky and characterless these days.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Raconteur

Another day of Levi pretending that he doesn't "get" what a crossover is.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:05 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
American cars are so tacky and characterless these days.
Doesn't seem to have hurt the Japanese, and it didn't hurt Bangle'd BMWs, so one can't blame Chevy for hopping aboard....
Old 07-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Doesn't seem to have hurt the Japanese, and it didn't hurt Bangle'd BMWs, so one can't blame Chevy for hopping aboard....
By characterless I guess what I meant was America has no design language or characteristics of their own anymore besides pick up trucks. Chevy's lineup all looks either European or Asian influenced.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
By characterless I guess what I meant was America has no design language or characteristics of their own anymore besides pick up trucks. Chevy's lineup all looks either European or Asian influenced.
And what "design language" or "characteristic" is inherently American as compared to design languages and characteristics that are European or Asian?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
And what "design language" or "characteristic" is inherently American as compared to design languages and characteristics that are European or Asian?
That's my point exactly. There aren't any anymore. American cars used to be big and boxy, a little blingy and now the market has moved far away from this. However, American manufactures haven't seemed to have found their next thing. Instead, it feels like they've surrendered to the styling trends set by Asia and Europe. When I see a Corolla, I see Japanese character. When I see a Jetta, I see German character. When I see a Cruz, I see a combination of Korean and French design trends... what does an American car really look like anymore? The Blazer looks like if Toyota were to build the Santa Fe...
Old 07-12-2018, 07:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
That's my point exactly. There aren't any anymore. American cars used to be big and boxy, a little blingy and now the market has moved far away from this. However, American manufactures haven't seemed to have found their next thing. Instead, it feels like they've surrendered to the styling trends set by Asia and Europe. When I see a Corolla, I see Japanese character. When I see a Jetta, I see German character. When I see a Cruz, I see a combination of Korean and French design trends... what does an American car really look like anymore? The Blazer looks like if Toyota were to build the Santa Fe...
Personally, I don't need my vehicle to have geographically recognizable styling themes. I just want it to look good.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Personally, I don't need my vehicle to have geographically recognizable styling themes. I just want it to look good.
I don't either. I don't know why you're being so contentious?

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the consumer. I'm talking strictly design culture. As a designer myself, I find it really interesting and enjoyable when projects show they're roots. In my opinion America is just known for Pickups and Jeeps. Seem to have lost their own statement on cars and SUVs.

Sideline, I promise you professional car designers look beyond "does it look good" when they dream up their concepts. There's a story behind every work of art no matter the media.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Sideline, I promise you professional car designers look beyond "does it look good" when they dream up their concepts. There's a story behind every work of art no matter the media.
But there is no substance behind it. It is all marketing and bullsh*t. Those people should then have become artists and writers. No place for them in the technology sector.