Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2017, 03:48 PM

Default 2018 Honda Fit

I'm not sure anyone cares, but since I own one (and love mine) here's a link to the Jazz/Fit's refresh in the JDM.

https://www.motor1.com/news/144471/2...t-jazz-leaked/
Old 05-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Raconteur

The Fit is a great car but why must Honda make it so busy/fussy looking almost to the point of ugliness?
Old 05-04-2017, 11:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
I'm not sure anyone cares, but since I own one (and love mine) here's a link to the Jazz/Fit's refresh in the JDM.

https://www.motor1.com/news/144471/2...t-jazz-leaked/
A bit fussier than before. I don't understand Honda's burgeoning obsession with giving their cars Cruella de Vil cheekbones.

I agree with Swizzle, too much going on. I don't think the Fit is awful-looking, but I long for the clean, simple Honda designs of the 90s.

Last edited by SV; 05-04-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:06 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Hopefully the all-new model will look a bit more cohesive...

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The Fit is a great car but why must Honda make it so busy/fussy looking almost to the point of ugliness?
Not only that, it also seems they try to make it uglier with every facelift and model change since the Mk. 2 launched...
Old 05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

To me its perhaps the last Honda that fits into that simple but good persona that Honda's use to have.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is a car that works better seen in reality than in pictures. But this generation was a substantial backward step from its predecessor, and this facelift does nothing to improve on its fussy and awkward looks - if anything, it looks worse than before.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
This is a car that works better seen in reality than in pictures. But this generation was a substantial backward step from its predecessor, and this facelift does nothing to improve on its fussy and awkward looks - if anything, it looks worse than before.
Honda styling in general has problems still. When I see the Civic in person, I can see its truly nice proportions, but the detailing in the styling ruins the beauty of the proportions. The Fit is a box and a quite versatile one at that. A whole lotta surface excitement can't hide that it's a box, but it does make me want a different box.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
To me its perhaps the last Honda that fits into that simple but good persona that Honda's use to have.
I always thought the Fit/Jazz did not fit into Honda's 'classic' image at all. A bulky, family focused small hatch instead of a small car with sport intentions which should have been the Civic's smaller sibling and a rival to the likes of Ford Fiesta and Renault Clio. Having said that, i do like it as a vehicle on its own merits.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 05-09-2017, 07:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Honda styling in general has problems still. When I see the Civic in person, I can see its truly nice proportions, but the detailing in the styling ruins the beauty of the proportions. The Fit is a box and a quite versatile one at that. A whole lotta surface excitement can't hide that it's a box, but it does make me want a different box.
Wells aid, same impressions about the Civic (i always wish the whole excitement was just a sports package I'm not obliged to take), and the "box" that the Fit is, should just stand by being a box, there are tons of good looking boxy small cars (not a small quantity of them in Japan as Kei cars), it would be much better than these creases and vents desperately trying to make it look a normal small car, and failing by quite a stretch at that....