Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2014, 05:12 PM
The Lurker

Sorta looks Nissan Rogue-like with that profile. Still really nice looking, but something's up with the wheel size and gap. Maybe the taller roofline irks it, but the back end looks unstable and wobbly with disproportionately small wheels.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:17 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Hmm. They can keep this one. Would be way too much overlap here with the Explorer.
Hell just froze over. I agree with you.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Facelift plus (ugh) an ST variant:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/11/...-st-crossover/

The new front end is nice enough, but the rear is a step back, vaguely Lexus-like and too fussy. It's a bummer to lose the full-width taillights. The interior changes are more subtle than I would have hoped for; something to replace those cheap-looking circular buttons would have been nice.

And ST, really? It couldn't just be the new Edge Sport?

Last edited by SV; 01-11-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Crazy Composer!

Ford was onto something with the kinetic language but instead of constantly expanding on the idea and evolving they've just flatlined in both design and reliability. I can't see myself in a Ford ever again at this rate.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Ford was onto something with the kinetic language but instead of constantly expanding on the idea and evolving they've just flatlined in both design and reliability. I can't see myself in a Ford ever again at this rate.
My problem is less with the design language than the product choices. Dropping the Fiesta and Taurus in the US I understand, even if I'm not happy about it - they're in shrinking segments and the business cases were marginal at best. But getting rid of the Fusion? Delaying the new Focus by a year, and importing it from China? I didn't think it would take so little time for Ford to go from the Mullally glory days to "90s Myopia Part 2: SUV Boogaloo".

When all is said and done I just hope the Focus ST still has a future in the US.

Last edited by SV; 01-11-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
xus-like and too fussy. It's a bummer to lose the full-width taillights. The interior changes are more subtle than I would have hoped for; something to replace those cheap-looking circular buttons would have been nice.

And ST, really? It couldn't just be the new Edge Sport?
Interesting to see that when everybody starts to apply those full with rear lights, ford moves away.

I agree about the interior, it feels a bit dated (just look at the new Fiesta or EcoSPort, they look more modern and kind of more upmarket inside), a wasted opportunity to get rid of those very small buttons, which I dislike too.

The ST badging however I can understand, everyone is watering down everything right now in the premium segment (the BMW M badge is on everything now, and you can get an AMG, S, R-. line of everything right now)
Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It looks fine. Although I think the front looked cleaner and better resolved pre-facelift. The rear is an improvement IMO.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
They need to bring back Alan Mulally
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
They need to bring back Alan Mulally
I completely agree.

This is a reasonably good update.

The dropping of the Fusion is a head scratcher. Granted, sedans are waning in popularity, but the size of sedan that the Fusion is will be an important segment despite the shrinkage.

I mean, GM isn't killing the dismal Malibu which sells at a lower volume than the Fusion.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

ST badge should've been accompanied by 400hp to get anyone to notice. Even an explorer can be had with 365hp, and that's without a fancy ST badge.