There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
Woah vexed, that's some cool artwork!

As for me, do y'all consider mixing an art? I DJ, and beatmatch and occasionally make 1 record out of 2 by using a beat from one and the vocals from another. I will eventually get round to uploading a set on youtube.

I also completed a music production course last year at night college. I can now (in theory) produce and mix a track on cubase and reason. Unfortunately I haven't got either program at the minute. Partly because I don't think my laptop will handle them (too much latency) and partly because the person who promised me a free copy hasn't come through yet.

Once I have the programs and suitable hardware, expect me to be making tracks that combine punk, rave and eclectic elements. I want to bring my sort of music style to the masses, but on the other hand I don't want to be too mainstream.
thanks, those are my favorite ladies (well the two to the right, the girl on the left said she hated it, so forget her j/k)...lol. i'll post my selfportrait later and some fine art work.

i think mixing is an art. music itself is an art.
cool u make music, i do too in my spare time..im going to learn guitar this summer, so i can actually play sumthing and stop FL studio posing :p

Last edited by VexedandGlorious; 06-03-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Here are a bunch of things that I did for two computer graphics classes that I was enrolled in last year. (ignore the overly dark thumbnails; imageshack was being wonky for some reason)

This was a brand identity project, based around Ford's ecoBoost brand. Its pretty self-explanatory. Done in Adobe Illustrator.

This was a poster design based around the word 'listen'. I got the photo from a free stock photography website, and the headphones/jack from a google search. This one was done entirely in Adobe Illustrator.

This was the final project for the first computer graphics class. The assignment was to create a poster with three distinct levels (foreground, middle-ground, background) with distinct values going from dark to light. This uses 4 or 5 distinctly different pictures, all combined to be a coherent design. Done in Adobe Photoshop.

This is my personal logo designed for my final portfolio. Done in Adobe Illustrator.

This was the cover for my first semester portfolio. It was meant to express our personal design tastes and include our overall design aesthetic. Made in Adobe Photoshop.

This was a postcard (front/back) design for an art exhibit at my college. Originally this was not a planned project, but the unexpected death of the classes' original professor meant that the art department needed us to work on a project that didn't require too much input from the teacher, since they were trying to find someone to teach the class. Done in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

This was a project for the first semester class. The assignment was to take a word, and make the actual text reflect the meaning of the word. My word was tree. Done in Adobe Photoshop.

This was the final project for the second semester class. I wanted to create a text-based, editorial work, and was intrigued by the shape of the Burj Al-Arab skyscraper in Dubai. I used a picture of that skyscraper, and then found a poem entitled 'Skyscraper' by Carl Sandburg to use as the text for the actual work. Of everything, I think this is one of my most favorite. Done in Adobe Illustrator.

Last edited by JBlair; 06-03-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Great work guys, i'm a graphic designer but i can't work photoshop as good as some of the people in here, i guess i usually try to make the best with what i do know. I will search to find whatever i can and see if anything is worth posting although i remember posting some work in another similar thread

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
GOD made man 2 mak LAMBOS

Well i think it's time someone ressurected this thread !
I'm a spidey fan and i used to draw spider-man when i was in the 6th grade. Actually i used to copy from the comic book, i mean i kept it in front of me and then copied spider-man in his different poses. I continued to draw him through the 7th ,8th and 9th grade too. Soon, after atleast 30 to 35 sketches i got so good at drawing spidey that i tried to draw him on my own, without looking at pics or comic books. This one below is my last ever sketch bcoz after this i just grew out of it i guess. But i'm still a BIG spidey fan!! I did this one in the 9th grade....when i was 13. Please leave some C's guys. :)

Last edited by LamboMan; 07-25-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
CSS Veteran

Well, finally, here is a little something I put together. This is a small collage piece I did in correspondance with 3 much larger canvases for an exhibition class. The theme was "Awakening" and here it is:

I wrote this small explaination of the piece, which was shown along side it:

Awakening to Vulnerability

For my “Awakening” collage, I drew inspiration from past artwork and experiences to from a unified piece of art. The work was done in retrospect, or taking place at the beginning of, the events. As a biographical note, both my mother and father had cancer. These events were tremendously influential in making me the person who I am today. I have learned so much from these occurrences and have taken away from them artistic inspiration and an entire artistic style that is reflected in the collage. This piece was a reminder of the emotions that were alive in my home at the beginning of the ordeal, but also harkens to the current feelings that we have.

In its purest from, art is communication. Comprising of many elements of symbolism, my collage communicates the uncertainty, fear, and vulnerability that we as a family felt during this time period. My initial concept was to structure a piece that draws from elements I have used before, and interpret them differently, adding new and innovative elements when possible. I utilized the objects of ribbons which I see as winding, unraveling occurrences in life. The pink ribbon symbolizes breast cancer, while the blue ribbon stands for prostate cancer – the cancers my mom and dad had, respectively. The ribbons are darkened in saturation to give a more melancholy look to the overall piece. Additionally, I wanted to do something out of the ordinary, so I used two elements of three-dimensional from – the newspaper and the hair. The newspaper grounds the piece, and symbolizes the jagged, rocky, and confusing news we received. I gently glazed the surface of the paper with black paint, representing the darkness and sadness of that news. The ribbons are both attached to the bottom of the newspaper to symbolize the illness coming forth by means of that news. They also darken as they get closer to the blackened paper. Many people don’t realize that loosing one’s hair is a traumatic fear of cancer patients. They think that it means nothing in the course of an illness. However, this fear haunts patients at times, and symbolizes a mark of disease. Although neither of my parents lost their hair during their bouts with cancer, the fear was present. To enhance the creativity of the piece, I used some old strings from a mop and painted them to resemble locks of hair. I placed them on the piece to create movement and symbolism. If you notice, they are covering up an idealized meadow scene, which I use to symbolize normalcy and a sense of wellbeing. The fear of losing one’s hair is covering that sense of wellbeing, creating apprehension and instability. The next part of the piece is a single but powerful word – recurrence. This is a terrifying word, and I wanted to communicate that by using striking black letters on a background of cream accented by fiery red, yellow and orange streaks. The final element is a written portion at the top of the work. I painted these words in white over black paint, which I applied to the canvas board using a palette knife to add texture. The writing states, “Lost is the security we once thrived on. In its place, fear and anxiety. We are struck down, But not destroyed.” I wrote this because I felt that it is an accurate representation of awakening to disease, sickness, and vulnerability, highlighting the emotions my family felt. But, I always like to put something optimistic in my works. In this case, it is the last line. Yes we were struck down and felt dejected, but we would not be destroyed.

This piece is truly symbolic of “Awakening” for me. The realization of being vulnerable and the possibility of death are things I will not forget. In those moments of despair, I was awakened to the facts that life could not be taken for granted and no one is immune to hardship. As a family, we will never be the same again. But there is hope. After cancer, there is always life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll post pics of the 3 larger pieces soon.

Last edited by TitanSteel; 07-23-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 PM
GOD made man 2 mak LAMBOS

Man that is so deep and emotional.......and sad.....i really dont know what to say. :sad2::sad2::cry:

That is one BEAUTIFUL piece of art......and it just proves that how artistic anyone can get when in a highly emotional state of mind. I salute you my friend for being so brave in such trying times and i wish you and your family happiness for the rest of your lives.:)
Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Wow! awesome work all around! I'm starting to get into graphic design / page layouts but my skills are pretty limited right now, as are my resources - Imageready CS2, GIMP (not learned, yet). I'm always fascinated by all the new and fresh ideas out there.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

speaking of art, do any of the older members know what happened to DamagedProphet?

No - against the wall
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Good question. There are several old members that seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. What about zBb?

p.s. awesome artwork, everyone!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

i think zbb popped in once or twice. but damaged hasnt shown up in a really long time.

and again speaking of art, Glacius hasnt been on in a while either. i wonder if he is working on another 9 month photoshop

No - against the wall