There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
time to start saving!
Nah. Just wait until one comes off its cheapie lease and has lost 75% of its value and buy it for cheap.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I think the exterior looks superb, tasteful, and despite not trying to hide that it's FWD based, it looks like a Jag and avoids overhangs. I also don't think being FWD based is a deal breaker, in it#s segment all cars all FWD derived, the BMW X1 even from a Supermini (well, the not so small "Mini"). Even the Macan is based on an old Audi Q5, and that is IMO way more of a F-Pace competitor anyway.

I'm less convinced by the interior though, it does look a bit played out by now, and that wide tunnel won't help the cramped Evoque chassis to boost interior space. Also I think that without options, it might look rather "unspecial", when there is no leather o the dash, the regular sized Nav Screen etc.

I think ultimately it will depend on pricing, but for Europe I already see the problem of lacking base engines like you get in cars as an X1, GLA 180 CDI or a Q3 with a tiny 1.4 TS, that sell in huge numbers....
Old 07-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillz View Post
It's OK , but I expected something more.
At some angles it looks a little bit bloated. Plus IMO the bad thing of this design is that it requires huge wheels to look only okayish. All the press pics have 21" wheels and they certainly don't look spectacular on the car that is less than 4.40m long. And interior looks average.
I understand you like cars with small wheels?

Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 PM
The Lurker

I don't see the appeal. At all. It looks dowdy and squished. It''s like they tried to pull the front from the f-Type but its got lost in the massing. The DLO and body lines are awkward. There is promise in the rear 3/4, but it's let down by that terribly detailed bumper (if you're going to use fake honeycomb mesh, at least try harder than that).

The biggest let down for me is that interior. Holy moly that's bad. Center console looks like a mid of a Ford Fusion and a 2012 Camry. All that fancy blue lighting can't hide the cheap looking surfaces and lines.

The question I see is, why get this over a well-equipped CX-5? The Mazda is certainly better looking, better interior, and better price. The only enticement I see is for a potential R version with whatever they can cram under the hood.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
The question I see is, why get this over a well-equipped CX-5? The Mazda is certainly better looking, better interior, and better price. The only enticement I see is for a potential R version with whatever they can cram under the hood.
Well, the U.S. base engine produces 246 hp.

If Mazda could put a detuned version of the turbo-4 in the CX-5, that might be a different store. :)
Old 07-14-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I understand you like cars with small wheels?

Unfortunately this is exactly how the E-pace will look like when speced with standard wheels.
And I think you can agree the car on the pic you posted looks like s***.

My neighbor has the F-pace on 20" rims and the car looks a bit underwheeled - on the contrary Stelvio (almost same size) on 20" looks badass in real life.
I like the design of both of them, but I think it is a flaw in design, when a relatively small car requires huge wheels to look decent.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 AM

I can't unsee this now. As with all Jags it looks good but the base model will probably be underwhelming