There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And the tail would wag the dog, why???

Maybe that's why Opel needed to be flushed down the toilet to the French. They were oblivious to creating products that people wanted to buy.
I'm pretty sure the Insignia sells better than the Regal does...that's why.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Insignia sells better than the Regal does...that's why.
Same car. Cars of that size are fleet specials across the pond, but even so Opel is not on the cutting edge of anything.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Same car. Cars of that size are fleet specials across the pond, but even so Opel is not on the cutting edge of anything.
Did I say it was? Or that it was a different car?

Last edited by pjl35; 07-17-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Did I say it was? Or that it was as different car?
Not sleeping well at night? You seem a bit touchy.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Not sleeping well at night? You seem a bit touchy.
i guess you haven't slept well in years.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:57 AM

Uh, can we get back to how polarizing the Accord is??? ;)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 AM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I just don't get why make cars look like a hatchback and then not actually giving them a hatch. It's not like nowadays hatchbacks would have any NVH differences compared to 3 box sedans, especially not in this segment. Kudos in this respect for GM to bring the Buick Regal with it's fastback and a proper hatch in it...
Some Reasons:

- Chassis much less stiff when there's a big hole in it

- Less stiffness plus a big movable panel = more opportunities for squeaks and rattles

- More rigid design can also allow designers to reduce weight and still maintain good enough stiffness

- More expensive to engineer away these issues.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
There is pretty much nothing wrong with Hyundai Sonatas or Kia Optima's beyond people having issue with the brand names... which is ridiculously stupid; the original Hondas and Toyotas were garbage products that rusted out when you sneezed on them. Hyundai / Kia will eventually get the recognition they deserve; I suspect that plays a major role in what Hyundai is trying to do with Genesis actually.
There is plenty wrong with Hyundai, why else would they be dumping them off on rental car fleets coast to coast? Gotta keep that brand presence up somehow by pumping the streets with very low cost rentals?

But what does that do for a brand exactly? When rental fleets are sold off at rock bottom prices, value for them and their fellow retail purchased models tank giving rise to a vicious cycle of lessened value on new cars because of a market flooded with cheap, worn out second hand rental fleet cars. A flood that hyundai and it's dealers induced for press release (and fan site) bragging rites. Remember when 1 in 4 Asseras were sold straight to rental fleets? Lets leave the Veracrud out of this too.

Toyota has been quite guilty of this too with the Corolla, Camry and Rav4. At least those are the first to fly off of the rental lots leaving those delayed with checked baggage in with the Hyundai Kia fallen.

If you are using toyota's quality from the 60s and 70s, as an excuse for hyundai today, then its no wonder good money just isnt interested either. Im sure you would have argued that a sephia, pony or excel was better than an accord, camry or LS 400 back in the 90s too!!

Enough people fall for Hyundai and Kia to take a few and convince a few friends. Yet where exactly is hyundai's growth?

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170301.aspx
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170403.aspx
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300467379.html
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170502.aspx
http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en/med...l-sales-growth

Same story at Kia.

Yea, yea I know it will pickup when they fully embrace the SUV glut.

Bottom Line : Hyundai/Kia is making better cars than ever. But then again so is Ford (ecoboost FTW), General Motors (Camaro Nurburgring madness), Toyota (positive remarks for handling on TNGA), Honda (Civic retail sales anyone?), and Chrysler (sike!)

I dont know what happened to make hyundai fans go running around trying to dickslap everyone into thinking those cars are so great but I just aint getting slapped with that!
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.

Last edited by Naga Royal Guard; 07-18-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
There is plenty wrong with Hyundai, why else would they be dumping them off on rental car fleets coast to coast? Gotta keep that brand presence up somehow by pumping the streets with very low cost rentals?

But what does that do for a brand exactly? When rental fleets are sold off at rock bottom prices, value for them and their fellow retail purchased models tank giving rise to a vicious cycle of lessened value on new cars because of a market flooded with cheap, worn out second hand rental fleet cars. A flood that hyundai and it's dealers induced for press release (and fan site) bragging rites. Remember when 1 in 4 Asseras were sold straight to rental fleets? Lets leave the Veracrud out of this too.

Toyota has been quite guilty of this too with the Corolla, Camry and Rav4. At least those are the first to fly off of the rental lots leaving those delayed with checked baggage in with the Hyundai Kia fallen.

If you are using toyota's quality from the 60s and 70s, as an excuse for hyundai today, then its no wonder good money just isnt interested either. Im sure you would have argued that a sephia, pony or excel was better than an accord, camry or LS 400 back in the 90s too!!

Enough people fall for Hyundai and Kia to take a few and convince a few friends. Yet where exactly is hyundai's growth?

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170301.aspx
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170403.aspx
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300467379.html
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyu...-20170502.aspx
http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en/med...l-sales-growth

Same story at Kia.

Yea, yea I know it will pickup when they fully embrace the SUV glut.

Bottom Line : Hyundai/Kia is making better cars than ever. But then again so is Ford (ecoboost FTW), General Motors (Camaro Nurburgring madness), Toyota (positive remarks for handling on TNGA), Honda (Civic retail sales anyone?), and Chrysler (sike!)

I dont know what happened to make hyundai fans go running around trying to dickslap everyone into thinking those cars are so great but I just aint getting slapped with that!
The reference of Toyota / Honda QC was to show that it took a while for those two brands to get past the negative perception of the poor cars from the 60's / early 70!s. So, people still think of Hyundai as the Pony / Excel...Kia as the original Sportage.

You're right though, Tiyita continues to make bullet proof products; but their products often leave much to be desired visually... GM / Ford / Kia / Hyundai are making visually pleasing products that also have pretty amazing QC. And yes, I think Hyundai and Kia products are superior for QC to Ford and GM; it's not a dick slap if it's true

So, in a world of Kia, Ford, Hyundai and GM - it baffles me why this accord looks so terrible.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

If this was about looks, toyota wouldnt have sold anything and mazda would be as big as GM.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.