currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2016 Jaguar XE

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/wat...tion-live.html
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...2015-baby-Jag/
http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2016-xe_s/

Last edited by cuisine; 09-08-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Nice designed car me thinks :)
Old 09-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Well, Jaguar did promise a 3-series fighter, and they pretty much made it look like one. Its hard to believe this is a Jaguar, when the car just breathes everything German. Front and side a profile are very similar to those of the 3-series. Rear end and interior has Audi written all over it. Well, its got the looks, good looks at that. But can it deliver in the driver enjoyment category? Any chance of a stick shift?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:30 PM
CSS Veteran

Immediate first thought: another car forgets to include a volume knob.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium959 View Post
Well, Jaguar did promise a 3-series fighter, and they pretty much made it look like one. Its hard to believe this is a Jaguar, when the car just breathes everything German. Front and side a profile are very similar to those of the 3-series. Rear end and interior has Audi written all over it. Well, its got the looks, good looks at that. But can it deliver in the driver enjoyment category? Any chance of a stick shift?
I didn't see it at first but upon closer inspection this is clearly gunning for 3er and nothing else. The glasshouse has a very bmw feel to it.

I do like it, the front has a nice aggressive look, surprisingly the black trim around the windows works. With just the front shots before, it was hard to say how it would all work together but fully revealed it works nicely.

I really like the wheel design and am curious how the regular XE model will look and if it will lose the aggressive feel.

And as someone mentioned in the other thread, it does have a long front and short rear but it is RWD after all, according to the press release at least.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I think these press shots are in the wrong color, as they make it a little too boy racer looking (inside and out) and wash out the taillights. Something tells me a black one in the flesh will easily outshine the competition. I think the C class is still the winner for interiors in the segment, but this should easily take the cake for exterior. Blows the 3 series away IMO. The drive is the big unknown but hopefully there's a lot of F-type DNA. the rear sheet-metal certainly has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Immediate first thought: another car forgets to include a volume knob.
it's opposite the start/stop button.

Last edited by IcedG35; 09-08-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Interior looks pretty good, although I agree the volume is weirdly distinct from the infotainment screen, etc. The front is nothing new, but I definitely get 3er vibes.

Rear is just odd. I don't understand why the lights continue into the license plate area. It would've looked less thrown together if they stopped sooner on their way to the center.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 PM

Those taillights are hiddeous..
Old 09-09-2014, 12:50 AM

I love it. They absolutely need to pull a sleek 5 door hatch off of this, as well as the coupe and wagon. i like the interior. It looks sporty and a quality effort to my eyes. I'm glad they didn't attempt to make either the interior or exterior, or both Avant Garde. This is conservative and handsome which plays well in it's intended market segment. The tail/rear looks like an Audi A4 mated with a current 3-series. Not a bad thing if you ask me.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I am very dissapointed. The back is horrid and the front is not vey cohesive...the XF looks more modern despite being an older car. Side is OK but again it's just a shrinked XF and the proportions will suffer. The interior is just meh, at best.

All in all i think Jag can do a lot better than this. It's not ambitious, i believe they wanted to offer something on level with current offer, instead and trying to wipe them away. It's a missed opportunity.