Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2016, 07:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Aston Martin AM-RB 001

http://www.motorpasion.com/aston-mar...n-la-formula-1

Details are scarce, but serial production is kind of confirmed with deliveries in 2018. At the moment it is only a hype machine in my opinion, but if they can deliver on their promises this thing will be crazy.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Raconteur

I dislike it.

There is nothing about it that says "Aston". This could be anything from a Pagani to a Hyundai vehicle.

If video game cars are your ideal, then this is perfect, but if you're into Aston Martins, this is an anathema.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:52 PM

This is still a concept car at best. It will be street legal in only a few countries, if at all. And the primary audience will be for owners who actually do track time.

Sounds like Aston Martin is trying to get a piece of pie Ferrari is eating with all of the track only FXX cars.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I dislike it.

There is nothing about it that says "Aston". This could be anything from a Pagani to a Hyundai vehicle.

If video game cars are your ideal, then this is perfect, but if you're into Aston Martins, this is an anathema.
Does the Toyota TS050 Hybrid look like a Toyota? Does a Porsche 919 Hybrid look like a Porsche?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Does the Toyota TS050 Hybrid look like a Toyota? Does a Porsche 919 Hybrid look like a Porsche?
Someone put on his contrarian undies didn't he. If you're OK with vehicles having zero links to their heritage that's fine, but that does not make you right. it just means you have an opinion.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:56 AM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Both of those are purely racecars designs for Le Mans and such. They don't need to look like the brand they represent because no one on the street will ever see one and need to identify it with its maker.

The Aston is slated to be a road car. Basically a Ford GT-esque vehicle (limited production, obscenely expensive, hyper halo car). It *should* draw at least some form Aston's rich heritage. Hell, the Vulcan was stunning and had Aston cues but in a futuristic application. I think either Aston went too far into the "new and fresh" performance look here, or RedBull had a bigger play in the design. I honestly mistook it for a Jaguar before I read the article (not that it looks like one, but that I remembered a British company was releasing a car on Tuesday). It's sort of generic good-looking.

We'll see what the production car looks like, but this reads more as a go-crazy school project than a product from the likes of Aston Martin (in appearance at least).
Old 07-08-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Both of those are purely racecars designs for Le Mans and such. They don't need to look like the brand they represent because no one on the street will ever see one and need to identify it with its maker.

The Aston is slated to be a road car. Basically a Ford GT-esque vehicle (limited production, obscenely expensive, hyper halo car). It *should* draw at least some form Aston's rich heritage. Hell, the Vulcan was stunning and had Aston cues but in a futuristic application. I think either Aston went too far into the "new and fresh" performance look here, or RedBull had a bigger play in the design. I honestly mistook it for a Jaguar before I read the article (not that it looks like one, but that I remembered a British company was releasing a car on Tuesday). It's sort of generic good-looking.

We'll see what the production car looks like, but this reads more as a go-crazy school project than a product from the likes of Aston Martin (in appearance at least).
More like "street legal" car.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

https://www.netcarshow.com/aston_martin/2018-valkyrie/
Old 07-12-2017, 05:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

wow, cool how there's still hints of aston martin grill. certainly 1 ups Ford GT in terms of aerodynamic styling. just don't eat for a week before trying to fit in there.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Much prefer the design of the concept, which is less(!!!) outlandish and cleaner than this. The back of the initial study looks much nicer, in my opinion. I admire the commitment to the 'form follows function' aspect of the project, though.