currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2017, 04:42 PM

Default 2018 Honda Accord

Officially revealed

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100614094

2018 Honda Accord

2018 Honda Accord

Better than expected, a cleaner look than the overly decorated civic, the interior looks very mazda.

Last edited by The Car-man; 07-14-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Crazy Composer!

The cleanest and nicest interpretation of the Honda grill so far hands down. That interior is probably the nicest Honda has achieved as well. Looks quite promising, however I'm not in love with the chrome treatment on the window at first glance. Why does it just stop abruptly?
Old 07-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

I was just watching the reveal. The car is truly gorgeous, has manuals on both the 1.5 and 2.0 liter engines, and every car gets Honda Sensing.

2.0T Sport with manual, please.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Car-man View Post
the interior looks very mazda.
Which is no bad thing.

I think the overall shape is quite nice and reminiscent of the A6. I'm still not a fan of Honda's propensity for garish detailing (the odd kink the rear-quarter windows, the bizarro arm on the tailights). But it's certainly no worse than many other cars, in that respect.

Thankfully, the interior seems very straightforward and high-quality. The front seats look absolutely throne-like.

Hopefully, Honda can work out any kinks in the transmission!

And apparently the hybrid batteries will not take up any addt'l trunk space, which is excellent. And the car is apparently shorter! Woo-hoo!

BTW this and the Camry, the mid-sized sedan class is looking very nice. Will be interesting to see what Mazda, Nissan, and Ford can come up w/ (I think they're all due for re-designs w/i the next 2 yrs or so).

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 07-14-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm surprised and impressed. This is a more cohesive and attractive design, inside and out, than any I can remember from Honda in perhaps a decade. The proportions are fantastic, looking almost RWD, and the elegant, arching character line stretching from headlamp to taillamp is a refreshing change from the fussy surfacing on other recent Hondas. I'm still not a big fan of the chrome unibrow corporate face, but this is the best-executed interpretation of it, even if that unibrow leans forward a bit awkwardly from some angles. I'm also not sure about the taillights, which are an interesting shape but maybe a bit too large.

The interior is also excellent. The latest CR-V already indicated Honda seriously stepping up their interior game, but this is another level. Mazda-esque to a certain extent, but the low-slung dash with tablet-style screen look is becoming increasingly common, so they're not unique in that respect. But the overall styling as well as the details are both surprisingly coherent and upscale, not something I can really say about most other Hondas, which can look a bit cobbled-together. Nice to finally see just one touchscreen, and some actual knobs too.

Overall this is a clear leap ahead of the current Accord, and looks like the new class leader. That 2.0T/manual combo sounds pretty tempting, too...I just hope this avoids the reliability problems of the new Civic.

Last edited by SV; 07-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Administrator

It's not bad, still no where near as good as the euro accord. The kink in the lower trim is not to my liking, it should have been similar to what is on the civic. Front is fine but the large chrome top grill is not the best looking here, it's resolved better again on the civic.

This would have been great as a 5 door hatch.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

There are certain aspects of this I love and others I'm not so crazy about.

The taillights are too much for me. I get that they're trying to have some family resemblance with the Civic, but they just seem large and oddly-shaped just because.

As far as the interior, very Mazda-esque which is nice but it also is rather simple/plain looking and could pass for the current Mazda 6 interior...whereas this is a brand new vehicle. Also would've liked to see a little more advancement with the gauges etc. considering the Civic, CR-V, Pilot, and Odyssey. Standard analog gauges (with no indication of a large screen or anything in between) is pretty vanilla at this point.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Raconteur

The face is disgusting. The tail is generic. Once again, Honda designed a car with a great stance and proportions and ruined it with ugly detailing.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:15 PM

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one that thinks this car is ugly as sin. It's a complicated mess. But the specs, features, interior and numbers are fantastic.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one that thinks this car is ugly as sin. It's a complicated mess. But the specs, features, interior and numbers are fantastic.
The Civic is also an ugly mess too that hides a great stance and proportions. Why can't Honda make its cars as gorgeous as their engineering is good?