Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 06:37 PM
CSS Veteran

The Acura TL has been put off until late February...

Fresa, don't worry, within a couple of years I bet you'll be able to get a very nice car. Just save now, buy later. If that makes any sense...

Old 02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (Superfresa)

yes but its the time you have with it that you enjoy. and theres many ways to maximize the space of a small car

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (zwei Biere bitte)

Quote, originally posted by zwei Biere bitte »

Fresa, don't worry, within a couple of years I bet you'll be able to get a very nice car. Just save now, buy later. If that makes any sense...

You speak the truth my friend, I am not *seriously* considering it, but I am tempted. I mean its a NO, dont get it, buy boy would it be cool

Besides right now all money is going into paying University and if any is left, I'd like to visit home in the freeze-my-balls-off season, perhaps with a short visit to the USA or to the UK. All up, The Yaris is a bad idea I know. But there's the want, for sure

Quote, originally posted by stevenzoz »
theres many ways to maximize the space of a small car

I need to maximise the space in my WAGON. I dont fit in a small car, and I'm not fat or tall. I just carry everywhere my Bike, Kayak, help people moving and so on... just got myself something to load up the roof of the car as well

Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

whats the point of leasing though? ur putting 50ish% of the cost of the car ... towards nothing in the end..

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

If changing your ride often is a goal, leasing makes much more sense than buying. Two year leases can be quite advantageous especially in the hyper competitive luxury market.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Can anyone find me the current lease rates for the Buick Lucerne? I've looked everywhere but can't find them. thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2006, 12:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (stevenzoz)

There are no special lease rates published (I recall only the special 2.9% financing rates for qualified buyers in the northeast region) so I would guess the standard least rates apply, perhaps around $399, depending on trims, options, credit score, lease terms, and other factors. Just with your local dealer to be sure though.

I don't know if you dad has his eye set on the Lucerne, if so, then he's getting a very good car. Otherwise, and if he has a bit of time, I would suggest he car-shop the other ones in the class. There are some really nice cars out there, including newcomers such as the Lucerne, Avalon and Azera (while on the subject - $299 special introductory lease rates ) - I happened to have test driven all three recently and I would recommend them all - each with its highs and lows but in the end, can't go wrong with any

Old 02-04-2006, 07:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The trick with leasing is to lease something that will hold value. A Lucerne will not be such a car whereas a Lexus or BMW would. Buy the Buick at cut rate financing or go with the Hyundai and do a walk away at the end.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (knicks125)

my dad doesnt "shop around" . he finds something he wants and sticks only with that. He's had his eyes on buick for a couple of years now. first he wanted the rendezvous then the lacrosse now the lucerne.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

have any reliability reports been published for the new passat? my dad and i went to the auto show today, and he said that when he gets a new car, there are four cars he's narrowed it down to: the toyota highlander and camry (the new camry i guess since he says he's not getting a new car for a year or two), honda accord, and volkswagen passat. i know he really likes the highlander since he's said that's the kind of car he wants, but i think it's narrowed down to the sedans mostly. he likes the accord and the camry (accord more so) but says his favorite (and mine) is the passat. and it really is a nice car, apart from the price (a little under $25k with an auto, although haggling and incentives would doubtlessly bring that down a bit) and requirement of premium fuel. another impediment to buying a passat would be reliability. VW has had a spotty record in that respect, and i was just wondering, have there been any reliability reports for the passat (more likely in europe, i'd guess)? if in europe, how would they compare to, say, a toyota avensis or honda accord?