Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 AM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

I thought that the colours couldn't be changed? Seem to remember some irate members argueing with mods about it?

Anyway, yeah would be good to have a facelift.. Perhaps a dark blue background, or any dark colour except for black. Perhaps new features too? On other V.Bulletin forums I use there is options to attach far more files, mp3's e.t.c (but obviously there could be copyright infringement worries). Perhaps some more smilies.. you can never have enough smilies! :woot1:

As for the logo, how about something along similar lines to this..

But obviously with a better font (I did this in MSPaint and it took me all of 2 minutes :) )

I think this forum has gone real quiet. Perhaps a facelift will rectify this.

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
I wouldn't mind a change. Actually, I've been having trouble posting here - CSS doesn't open for me in Mac OS X at all and in Windows it crashes when I try to post (if I wait a few minutes in Windows it lets me post though). I dunno if that's my computer or what, but as this is the site I frequent by far the most it's frustrating...
That sounds like your computer. I use a Mac as well and it works perfectly fine and i assume most people in here use Windows and they seem to have a - mostly - hassle free experience as well;)

Ascariss i personaly don't have an issue with the way CSS looks now even though i remember that it felt a bit depressing moving from the previous look/feel. But if you want some changes i would suggest colors such as red/maroon or dark blue yet even white could work. If i get any proper ideas i will let you know. at the moment cant think of anything i particular

MAKE
MINE
FORD

Last edited by CosworthKid; 08-25-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Those are some of the logo ideas I'd had.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'm in favour of a makeover, i never liked the back scheme so this is good news. I miss the blue scheme we had in the good ol' days....but as anyone said, blue seems to be the trend in many automotive webs, so i would suggest something different, like dark red. Some spice is always welcome.

bm88, i can't see your logos....

Last edited by bm88; 04-28-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Does the URL work?

http://a.imagehost.org/0784/logoideas.jpg
Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

all your logos appear on my computer bm88, maybe it was a temporary thing or something to do with Reppu's computer?

MAKE
MINE
FORD

Last edited by bm88; 04-28-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm better than you

Send a message via AIM to kid Send a message via MSN to kid

If you give me a couple days (i've had a 14 and a half hour workday 6pm to 830 am and an 11 1/2 hour tomorrow starting at 6 am) i will see if i can throw together a logo

As for a theme..I would love to have the chance to code one..but busy with a few other projects at the moment..and as i said..work is trying to kill me..

but i did find this one

http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14436

and in dark blue it really seems to join the three generations of css together (arborwood simplness, proboards blue and the black of this vbulletin skin)

just let me know if you like that one and then i can design my logo to sort of match that style a little bit more than just a general logo would

And I might be able to take the idea that phaeton had and translate it into complex and simple graphics
Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Well, I don't know what the problem is for me, I have a month old MacBook Pro running OS X and XP, but CSS doesn't work at all on Safari and has spasms when I try to post on Internet Explorer. Just downloaded Firefox and I can use CSS fine now, but it's frustrating.

As for the makeover I'm all for it, I've got nothing wrong with the current design but a change is always nice. I second the dark red mentioned earlier...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I vote dark blue or maroon.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I like dark blue as well. If you go with maroon, then I think it would be good to change all the parts that are currently in green to dark yellow. If blue, then mix in white, or beige if white is too bright.