Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
CSS Veteran

Default 2013 Acura RLX

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1069172

First spy shot of the 2013 Acura RLX. Looks pretty good and it does look like the concept car, which was a thinly disguised production car.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Administrator

As expected, it has the "offensively inoffensive" and anonymous look typical of midsize family sedans. It is not dynamic, its proportions are pedestrian (even dated), and even in concept form there are zero distinguishing details. As a flagship it utterly fails to excite. Stylistically, this is a hugely disappointing effort. It's not all that often that something can be so boring as to make you angry.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
As expected, it has the "offensively inoffensive" and anonymous look typical of midsize family sedans. It is not dynamic, its proportions are pedestrian (even dated), and even in concept form there are zero distinguishing details. As a flagship it utterly fails to excite. Stylistically, this is a hugely disappointing effort. It's not all that often that something can be so boring as to make you angry.
Brilliantly stated. "offensively inoffensive" is my new favorite phrase for cars like this.

Just wait until the marketing comes out that will exclaim how revolutionary and progressive this car is. Probably much like the face-lifted Lexus RX ads that say that it's "progress in fast-forward" or some sort of ridiculously optimistic tagline for such a mundane, engineered and designed to be status quo kinda car.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM
CSS Oldtimer

It looks like the current Lexus GS (another annoyingly bland design) but with a FWD nose.

This is sad.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
NISMO by another name..

Yes, extremely bland. Sometimes bland can work so I'll wait for full production pics.

Someone on that forum also mention the lack of visible tailpipes...? Not a good look IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBsam View Post
Just wait until the marketing comes out that will exclaim how revolutionary and progressive this car is. Probably much like the face-lifted Lexus RX ads that say that it's "progress in fast-forward" or some sort of ridiculously optimistic tagline for such a mundane, engineered and designed to be status quo kinda car.
I foresee advertising that places an undue emphasis on things like lane departure warning systems, blind spot sensors, dynamic cruise control and all manner of other superfluous "safety" accessories that seem to make up the bulk of new in-car "technologies" these days. Snooze. The commercials will show the car cruising through an anonymous downtown; spirited driving shots and any mention of performance will likely be out of the question.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I cant believe theres a website which calls itself "Temple of VTEC". That valve technology is commonplace irrelevant to most of the car.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
I foresee advertising that places an undue emphasis on things like lane departure warning systems, blind spot sensors, dynamic cruise control and all manner of other superfluous "safety" accessories that seem to make up the bulk of new in-car "technologies" these days. Snooze. The commercials will show the car cruising through an anonymous downtown; spirited driving shots and any mention of performance will likely be out of the question.
Let's not forget one of the Acura taglines in their commercials as of late: "standard bluetooth."

Oh boy, Acura/Honda...is that REALLY something you think is important enough to solidify in your 30 second commercial?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

bluetooth is standard in our 2 year old Santa Fe lol

No - against the wall
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
bluetooth is standard in our 2 year old Santa Fe lol
exactly! I fail to see how standard bluetooth is demonstrative of a "luxury" carmaker in 2012.