CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
rv65 rv65 is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,088
Default 2013 Acura RLX

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1069172

First spy shot of the 2013 Acura RLX. Looks pretty good and it does look like the concept car, which was a thinly disguised production car.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 PM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

As expected, it has the "offensively inoffensive" and anonymous look typical of midsize family sedans. It is not dynamic, its proportions are pedestrian (even dated), and even in concept form there are zero distinguishing details. As a flagship it utterly fails to excite. Stylistically, this is a hugely disappointing effort. It's not all that often that something can be so boring as to make you angry.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 AM
MBsam's Avatar
MBsam MBsam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
As expected, it has the "offensively inoffensive" and anonymous look typical of midsize family sedans. It is not dynamic, its proportions are pedestrian (even dated), and even in concept form there are zero distinguishing details. As a flagship it utterly fails to excite. Stylistically, this is a hugely disappointing effort. It's not all that often that something can be so boring as to make you angry.
Brilliantly stated. "offensively inoffensive" is my new favorite phrase for cars like this.

Just wait until the marketing comes out that will exclaim how revolutionary and progressive this car is. Probably much like the face-lifted Lexus RX ads that say that it's "progress in fast-forward" or some sort of ridiculously optimistic tagline for such a mundane, engineered and designed to be status quo kinda car.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,643
Default

It looks like the current Lexus GS (another annoyingly bland design) but with a FWD nose.



This is sad.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
DATSUN's Avatar
DATSUN DATSUN is offline
NISMO by another name..
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYCUS
Posts: 1,894
Default

Yes, extremely bland. Sometimes bland can work so I'll wait for full production pics.

Someone on that forum also mention the lack of visible tailpipes...? Not a good look IMO.
__________________
_nismo by another name_
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBsam View Post
Just wait until the marketing comes out that will exclaim how revolutionary and progressive this car is. Probably much like the face-lifted Lexus RX ads that say that it's "progress in fast-forward" or some sort of ridiculously optimistic tagline for such a mundane, engineered and designed to be status quo kinda car.
I foresee advertising that places an undue emphasis on things like lane departure warning systems, blind spot sensors, dynamic cruise control and all manner of other superfluous "safety" accessories that seem to make up the bulk of new in-car "technologies" these days. Snooze. The commercials will show the car cruising through an anonymous downtown; spirited driving shots and any mention of performance will likely be out of the question.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,081
Default

I cant believe theres a website which calls itself "Temple of VTEC". That valve technology is commonplace irrelevant to most of the car.
__________________
You dont know what its like,
You dont know what its like.
To want to dickslap with somebody,
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
I foresee advertising that places an undue emphasis on things like lane departure warning systems, blind spot sensors, dynamic cruise control and all manner of other superfluous "safety" accessories that seem to make up the bulk of new in-car "technologies" these days. Snooze. The commercials will show the car cruising through an anonymous downtown; spirited driving shots and any mention of performance will likely be out of the question.
Let's not forget one of the Acura taglines in their commercials as of late: "standard bluetooth."

Oh boy, Acura/Honda...is that REALLY something you think is important enough to solidify in your 30 second commercial?
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 AM
against the wall's Avatar
against the wall against the wall is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Da burbs
Posts: 10,303
Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default

bluetooth is standard in our 2 year old Santa Fe lol
__________________
Fix your signature, the image was not working - admin

No - against the wall
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
bluetooth is standard in our 2 year old Santa Fe lol
exactly! I fail to see how standard bluetooth is demonstrative of a "luxury" carmaker in 2012.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy