CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 07-28-2017, 03:54 PM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
Range Rover and Escalade.
I have difficulty believing that anyone interested in a RR or an Escalade will seriously consider an Acura SUV, no matter how good it is. An RR or Escalade is all about the image, something Acura is seriously lacking.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-28-2017, 05:20 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I have difficulty believing that anyone interested in a RR or an Escalade will seriously consider an Acura SUV, no matter how good it is. An RR or Escalade is all about the image, something Acura is seriously lacking.
Acura is a Buick-level brand so going one level higher to the Cadillac and Range Rover level is not in the cards for them.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:10 PM
boston boston is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Acura is a Buick-level brand so going one level higher to the Cadillac and Range Rover level is not in the cards for them.
Wish someone would play a game on buyers, swap the Honda and Acura badges around and see if they pay Acura prices for Hondas. I reckon they would.

Proving again, that Acura is a waste of time and money.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:34 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
Wish someone would play a game on buyers, swap the Honda and Acura badges around and see if they pay Acura prices for Hondas. I reckon they would.

Proving again, that Acura is a waste of time and money.
Given how steeply Acuras are discounted to get sales, prices are similar. The same is true of a Lincoln MKZ which can easily be had for the price of a Fusion.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-30-2017, 02:15 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
Wish someone would play a game on buyers, swap the Honda and Acura badges around and see if they pay Acura prices for Hondas. I reckon they would.

Proving again, that Acura is a waste of time and money.
No need to switch. The highest trim of the new Odyssey nearly hits $50,000 (!!!).
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-30-2017, 02:45 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,081
Default

Pilot too, lots of options and trims on that
__________________
You dont know what its like,
You dont know what its like.
To want to dickslap with somebody,
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-30-2017, 11:49 AM
rv65 rv65 is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If you park an RLX next to the current Accord, it's painfully obvious that it's an Accord in drag. Given how horribly is sells, I have to wonder why they aren't just axing it.
Because Honda has stubborn management that thinks they need a flagship sedan.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:51 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
No need to switch. The highest trim of the new Odyssey nearly hits $50,000 (!!!).
I mean the same is true of Chevy crossovers, etc, so...
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy