Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Raconteur

I'd take this over a Giulia. They will probably have the same resale value after five years, but the Giulia will have had the more shocking fall. If Hyundai gets the detail on point, their traditional reliability will make this a better buy than the Giulia, XE, IS (potentially), ATS (potentially), and A4 (FWD model).
Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This is a good looking product. Hyundai really does need to be applauded for their consistently strong designs.

This looks to have Schreyer's finger prints all over it.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Not a huge fan of Hyundai's more recent design direction, but this does look quite promising
Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 PM

This looks a lot like an Acura.... if Acura made RWD sedans that people actually wanted to buy.

Design is a bit anonymous, but I'm liking the thin A- and C-pillars. Can't really make much out of the interior. And those are some MIGHTY big wheels on one of them....
Old 07-31-2017, 07:30 AM

A more revealing pic of the interior. Never thought I'd say this, but can a car have too much quilted leather?

http://www.motoring.com.au/spy-shots...overed-108186/
Old 07-31-2017, 07:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
A more revealing pic of the interior. Never thought I'd say this, but can a car have too much quilted leather?

http://www.motoring.com.au/spy-shots...overed-108186/
Whilst I will say this is easily the best Genesis interior so far, and probably one of the better ones altogether in it's segment, i agree about the too much quilted leather. But that ain't a Genesis only problem, so many car interiors are nowadays simply overdone (look at some Mercedes/Audi press cars), too many different materials, too many details, too many Ambient light thing, quilted seats, inlays of 3 (occasionally all fake) different trims, etc. Just like outside, more is not necessarily better.

That's something I like about Volvo interiors, or even the new Giulia - not too many lines, not overdone with details just for teh sake of it, and still managing to look classy and not "fleet spec" like (Jaguar XE, base Audi A4 or Passat)
Old 07-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Raconteur

This will be entering a shrinking sedan market. Its goal will be to knock out the low hanging fruit like the ATS, XE, and Giulia. Grabbing the volume of the also-rans could make it successful. It's likely to be more reliable than all three, but being more reliable than the Giulia is easy. It also has potential to be much better looking than all three. A V8 muscle sedan variant priced advantageously would be a good move.