FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2017 Lincoln Continental

Production-spec. That didn't take long!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11504229...akes-spy-photo
Old 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Raconteur

Great stance. If they don't water down the concept, this will be amazing.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

So impressed that Lincoln has listened to the community and is making the car the car they need to make. FWD or RWD, this is what a Lincoln should look like. This is so much better than De Nysschen's inscrutable direction for Cadillac. I hope this outsells the CT6 by a wide margin.

MOAR!: http://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-20...tal-88269.html

Last edited by caarmike; 04-23-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
So impressed that Lincoln has listened to the community and is making the car the car they need to make. FWD or RWD, this is what a Lincoln should look like. This is so much better than De Nysschen's inscrutable direction for Cadillac. I hope this outsells the CT6 by a wide margin.

MOAR!: http://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-20...tal-88269.html
Renaming the CT6 to Elmiraj would improve sales. American luxury cars had NAMES and the Germans tended to do numbers in this market with the notable exceptions of the BMW Bavaria and Audi Fox.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:11 AM
CSS Oldtimer

It's not just about names, it's about making a clear and bold design statement. The CT6 is just a cautious evolution of the CTS. A better name would help a little but not overcome the car's fundamental shortcomings. This Lincoln, I think,would sell well even if it was still called MKS. But the Continental name will push it over the top.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

If it has AWD, decent power and German-esque features they will hit the ball out of the park.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Americans want American styling and power - but german handling. They want something bad ass. The continental of the 60's is pretty bad ass - especially when properly tarted up.

This car, if done right, will hit all those marks.

While we're on it - interesting that the strength of reaction to this car is now making Lincoln reconsider the stupid 'MK' designations of their cars....good move. Do it. Continental means a PILE more than MKS.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
It's not just about names, it's about making a clear and bold design statement. The CT6 is just a cautious evolution of the CTS. A better name would help a little but not overcome the car's fundamental shortcomings. This Lincoln, I think,would sell well even if it was still called MKS. But the Continental name will push it over the top.
While I don't think the prognosis for the CT6 is as dire as you might think--and yes I see how cautious it is--"CT6" has no mystique.

Beyond that (tangent alert)...

American luxury cars used to have names and Germans did alphanumeric BS. There is a report floating out there that Lincoln is returning to names.

American premium luxury cars should not be trying to emulate the Germans but rather be an alternative to them. If Audi can get away with relying on FWD architectures then the Continental is OK not being RWD.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:21 AM
Blue crazy moderator

Glad I was sitting down reading this thread...
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Old 04-24-2015, 05:11 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Right after the concept debuts at NYIAS, the test-mule spy-shots appear, and it appears dedicated to the concept, Even some details show through, from the headlights and grill. The stance and proportions may remain similar, which appears so here, and I hope that this remains so, along with the size, then, you'll have a very respectable flagship here! I'm wondering what the power-numbers will be with the reported new 3.0L twin-turbo EcoBoost, which should be very decent. I still hope that the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost will still be offered as an upgrade, perhaps with higher power-numbers that are in the current MKS, and the equipped MKT. I don't see the torque-numbers as high as the Navigator, but I see the HP number similar in this application.