Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2017, 08:11 AM

From what I understand, the analog cluster was added because there were purists who didn't want digital gauges. I'm sure it will be a base feature, and given the 100k+ price, I doubt this would have happened if there wasn't actual demand for it.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
From what I understand, the analog cluster was added because there were purists who didn't want digital gauges. I'm sure it will be a base feature, and given the 100k+ price, I doubt this would have happened if there wasn't actual demand for it.
Oh you would think that, but look at the configurator - especially European market - of some German premium brands. Very basic things can still be an option on expensive cars, they earn their money traditionally with options.

That said i personally do prefer analog instruments with a smaller screen in between, especially if they look classy (Volvo used to have excellent, carved from aluminium scales in their previous S80/V70, looked like some expensive watch; Or Aston Martin, e.g.), but this solution just looks like soemone took a standard gauge cluster from teh parts bin shelf, made for a rounded cockpit, und stuck it into the empty "tablet". Classy, or expensive looking, that isn't. Tehy are using the same in teh base E-Class, and in real life that looks horrid. All it does is remind you that you dind't opt for the "full view cockpit". Audi at least has some unspectacular, but fairly decent and integrated standard VAG gauges when you don't go for the digital option...
Old 01-07-2018, 01:38 PM

I have mixed feelings for this. I like overall shape, but rounded door shape is something I really don't like.