Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2020, 06:45 AM

shiakas_ is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Lucid Air

https://www.netcarshow.com/lucid/2021-air/

Old 09-10-2020, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

I guess I like it, despite not being classically beautiful; I looks futuristic, I like that it accepts being an EV and has no huge fake grille or massive fake vents everywhere, let alone fake exhausts; ANd inside, I'd say the whole "all screen approach" seems better integrated than many premium cars (cough, S-Class, cough);

I don't know how well the start up brand will work, but the first impression isn't bad...
Old 09-10-2020, 09:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

haji is on a distinguished road

Looks like a car Citroen would make.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:39 AM
CSS Veteran

Nastka is on a distinguished road

It looks like someone in the 90s imagining what a car in the 2020s would look like. But it does look a lot more attractive then the spy pictures we've seen where it looked a bit like a movie prop in my opinion. The design is very coherent and rather restrained to a degree where it seems rather minimalist.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

This is a classically beautiful design. It's so clean. The only area for pause for me are the headlights...they just don't work IMO. To me this feels a lot like the Mercedes EQS concepts...this is a good thing.

The specs on this car are pretty amazing. At $169 K for a top of the line - they should be.

As their CEO has said, until they start deliveries, this thing is meaningless though. Let's hope they succeed; another North American car company coming in and doing well should be something that's welcomed.

Last edited by Crash; 09-10-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:50 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Truly stunning car. Elegant in all the right places. The C pillar is giving off some classic 50s era coach vibes. I agree, the headlights are the only meh spot. Not sure the chrome unibrow works fully.

But that interior is a knockout. Talk about a concept brought to life... I hope glass roofs continue to trickle down and become more mainstream. It must be a very unique experience.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
ANd inside, I'd say the whole "all screen approach" seems better integrated than many premium cars (cough, S-Class, cough)
One article said that there hard dedicated hard buttons for temp control and fan speed (and radio volume?)!!! YES!!!

The S-Class interior to be is very ostentatious (not in a bad way). The Lucid interior looks more like it was meant to be useable, rather than to be impress your passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
The C pillar is giving off some classic 50s era coach vibes
Yes! The design is both retro and futuristic, which is quite an accomplishment. I like it overall and, if I had the $, I think I might prefer something that's clearly "special" w/o as "obvious" attention getting as an S-Class, 7-Series, etc.

As far as the Zenith roof goes (I think the name Opel gave to its version?).... I like the idea but wonder how useful it will be in practice. I sit upright enough that sunroofs don't do much for me b/c I can't "see" it while driving. A Zenith roof doesn't have that issue, but I imagine the glare from the sun when driving westbound in the afternoon would be... blinding (unless there's some sort of glass-opacity control). I'm also a bit worried about rollover integrity.

It will be very interesting to see if the lower priced variants can capture market share from Tesla. This Lucid seems almost too conventional to do so.

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 09-10-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

drugmirko is on a distinguished road

I like it! it looks like a serious piece of automobile and it has waaaay better interior than Tesla S... in fact, I think it looks better than Tesla S from outside too, because, unlike S, its design is not "perfectly dull", even if you can not proclaim it as "beautifull"...

and I like how it "smoked" Tesla S in - what I find useles, but important race for EV devotees (and americans ) - 1/4 mile drag race :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AUD1SyJ7Pg
Old 09-15-2020, 03:40 PM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

This car is absolute stunning. It really makes Tesla look like cheap garbage in comparison.

Way too expensive to deter any Tesla buyers imo tho.