Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2017, 03:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
I have expressed the same opinion about recent Kias as I did when the refreshed Optima debuted. They've been evolving their cars in the wrong direction imo (Hyundai as well to a degree). What I appreciated from the old Optima was the crispness of its lines and detailing. Hyundai managed the swoopy and Kia controlled the hard-edged modern. They're merging too close to one another now while maintaining the same market spaces.
Infiniti suffered the same fate with the FX. The first one was a knockout then they kept trying to rehash it until it looked like poop.

The previous generation Sonata and Optima were fresh and immediately appealing: tight, cohesive and very accessible leading to great success. Their replacements were half-assed rehashes to be nice about it all.

The new Camry and Accord will be walking away with the game for a few years. The Camcord is back and as attractive as never before.

And worthless to about 12 people without a manual transmission.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
Infiniti suffered the same fate with the FX. The first one was a knockout then they kept trying to rehash it until it looked like poop.
Well, to be fair (to Hyundai/Kia, I guess), the original FX was unique b/c it was sporty and kind of daring in style. And then everyone started to up their game w/ luxury SUVs since they started selling more.... And then, when the Macan came out, what was the point of the Infiniti at all (aside from possibly being cheaper?).

I do think the Optima took a step back stylistically, but functionality has supposedly improved. Same w/ the Sonata. While I appreciated how daring the last Sonata was, it was a little *too* swoopy, for my tastes.

I also think Hyundai/Kia products have simply improved to the point where a quantum leap can no longer be expected w/ each succeeding model. It's easy to improve a car when it's kind of crappy. If it's fairly competent, it becomes much harder....
Old 07-02-2017, 10:30 PM
CSS Oldtimer

C&D's pictures really make this car look good. Cant wait to see one on the road to get a close look at it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.