Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2019, 09:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Well, you can't accuse VW of not giving the interior a complete overhaul....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...nterior-spied/

Standard digital instrumentation, given VW's lack of reliability, is really, REALLY troubling. And while I don't think auto-transmission cars need to have a stick gear selector (waste of space), I hope they do the push buttons well. Argh.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Here's hoping the plastic around the gauges and center screen is a symptom of preproduction...otherwise it looks SO cheap
Old 05-16-2019, 12:58 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

The interior looks terrible. It looks very unfinished.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:18 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

I bet that plastic bezel is production spec. And yes it looks dreadful. Way to date an otherwise nice layout. Seriously ruins it with a cheap detail...
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
I bet that plastic bezel is production spec. And yes it looks dreadful. Way to date an otherwise nice layout. Seriously ruins it with a cheap detail...
I guess you are correct. In the last years, VAG interiors in general (including Audi) have seen a serious downgrade in quality, and I fear this is no different; The general design language is okay, but really neither super modern nor super classy. The tiny digital instrument cluster looks also cheap IMO, and it will be interesting to see how the usually very VW friendly European motoring press will react to having to use sub menus on the media screen for HVACs control (there doesn't seem to be a single button for climate controls) or changing audio volume (I don't see a volume knob either), something they hate in say a Peugeot; I bet after a superb 5 star all expenses paid press launch it will be suddenly the last tech in terms of usability.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

I really doubt the touchscreen trim is production-ready. If the real thing looks like that it will have ruined what is otherwise a very attractive interior.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:12 PM

LeoBerlin is on a distinguished road

Take a look at the other new cars from VW like T-Cross or Polo. There you‘ll find the answer, if these board is that one that goes into production: no.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoBerlin View Post
Take a look at the other new cars from VW like T-Cross or Polo. There you‘ll find the answer, if these board is that one that goes into production: no.
Well especially the T-Cross is known for a rather simple interior (as is teh T-Roc), and even in teh Polo nicer trim is exclusively reserved for higher trim levels (the ones magazines test); This Golf looks like a low to mid spec model, and for that, all materials - including the piano black - which is just a smudgy, platsicky and shiny as these materials tend to be in real life - seem to be just what you get at VW right now;

Here is a Polo base model interior, makes the Golf very credible:

Not every VW has a press car interior...
Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 AM
CSS Veteran

disap.ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I guess you are correct. In the last years, VAG interiors in general (including Audi) have seen a serious downgrade in quality, and I fear this is no different; The general design language is okay, but really neither super modern nor super classy. The tiny digital instrument cluster looks also cheap IMO, and it will be interesting to see how the usually very VW friendly European motoring press will react to having to use sub menus on the media screen for HVACs control (there doesn't seem to be a single button for climate controls) or changing audio volume (I don't see a volume knob either), something they hate in say a Peugeot; I bet after a superb 5 star all expenses paid press launch it will be suddenly the last tech in terms of usability.
There is a touch sensitive slider (like on modern cooking plates) under the screen, as seen on the Seat El-Born concept.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
There is a touch sensitive slider (like on modern cooking plates) under the screen, as seen on the Seat El-Born concept.
Yes, I read that, but given the positioning, it might be more harm than help (the Ford Kuga had buttons similarly close and angled to the screen - non touch sensitive tough - and it is known for unintentionally pressing those when hitting the touch screen); That said, even if those work superbly, even though being "forst generation tech", I doubt that the operation will be as satisfying as a well weighted real button....