Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

I'm aware...Aviator is a home run IMO. But Lincolns tend to be less mass market.

The Explorer, while having great brand recognition (and sharing the bones of Aviator) is a swing and miss IMO. It's way to evolutionary; the 'oh crap, we need a tablet option - so lets put it on top of these vents' is a clear afterthought (and poorly executed as well.

I'm NOT saying that Explorer will be a dud (obviously -that's not going to happen)...I'm saying their share of this segment will continue to dwindle as the competitive products are getting better. The exact same thing happened w/ sedans - lets hope they learned their lesson.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
Are you aware of the upcoming Explorer and Aviator, or are you being facetious?
I'd argue that FCA/GM are probably the ones who should be more worried than Ford.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:04 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I'd argue that FCA/GM are probably the ones who should be more worried than Ford.
Indeed GM has garbage and FCA has NOTHING current.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Indeed GM has garbage and FCA has NOTHING current.
Yes indeed; In case of FCA, tehy do have a large, 7 seat car based Jeep CUV in China, but of course those things don't sell in the US; so why bother offering it in the home market.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Yes indeed; In case of FCA, tehy do have a large, 7 seat car based Jeep CUV in China, but of course those things don't sell in the US; so why bother offering it in the home market.
The Grand Commander would be a brilliant replacement for the current Cherokee, but you're right. Crossovers just don't sell in this market. Sedans are where it's at.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I just don't understand why some companies fail at basic logic.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Agreed. It was quite depressing to wander around the FCA section at the DC Auto Show last weekend. Besides wanting to check out the new Ram, the Alfa Romeos, and some of Jeep's newer offerings, there was nothing worth looking at or sitting in...cause almost everything else has been the same for a decade.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
In the case of FCA a three row grand Cherokee and grand wagoneer are on the way but both are likely to be more expensive than the rest of the vehicles in this segment. Chrysler needs to be reinvented with an SUV lineup asap that's priced head to head with the competition, leaving Jeep as the more rugged brand. the fact that they're counting on a minivan to keep the dealerships open is scary in this day and age.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
In the case of FCA a three row grand Cherokee and grand wagoneer are on the way but both are likely to be more expensive than the rest of the vehicles in this segment. Chrysler needs to be reinvented with an SUV lineup asap that's priced head to head with the competition, leaving Jeep as the more rugged brand. the fact that they're counting on a minivan to keep the dealerships open is scary in this day and age.
The Grand Wagoneer has been "on the way" since it was announced at NAIAS in January 2011 and they first said we'd see it in 2013. They've still said it's coming..., but we still have seen zero spy shots of it. I'm not holding by breath that it will actually be here anytime soon at this rate. Same for the GC.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
Can you let FCA know that? Apparently - they never got any memo's on brand direction.

I'm absolutely astonished this company exists with the incredible ineptness the display at times. The ONLY divisions that show any signs of life are Jeep and Ram. And even Ram is questionable (one product...no small truck like every other company that makes trucks)...