Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Default 2018 Volvo XC40

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/new...cooped-in.html

Looking at the rear side window, with the pillar seems almost like it is in the middle but with the rear window line turning upwards at the moment, guess they had to put it there. The window shape seems identical to the concept.

Also side note, since when has carscoop been hosting on blogspot?

Last edited by Ascariss; 02-22-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 PM

I actually think the window camo was put there to distract; I don't think that's where the window actually divides (I hope). I look much like a lifted hatchback in the GLA, QX30 mold.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Administrator

hopefully that window pillar is fake and the full rear side window can roll down.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I actually think the window camo was put there to distract; I don't think that's where the window actually divides (I hope).
I'm not so sure, it would match up perfectly with the concept's DLO, or do you just mean the camo covering what would appear to be the fixed portion of the window?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

looking closely, you can see the camo actually hides the same kink in the DLO that the concept has. Whilst cool looking, it will also make for a rather claustrophobic feel in the back, esp. for kids that will just see plastic.

Generally it seems to be very close to the good looking concpet, which is a good thing, especially as it is also keeping the proportions, not just some random 3 details as some manufacturers keep doing. Also I think it hits the right path between truckish looks and being only a slightly raised hatchback (GLA), proportion wise...
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I'm not so sure, it would match up perfectly with the concept's DLO, or do you just mean the camo covering what would appear to be the fixed portion of the window
I hadn't compared it to the concept at the time, so I thought that the camo was covering the fixed portion AND about half of the roll down portion and that the DLO didn't have the kink.

Now that you've posted the concept pic and after what @mick78 has said, I agree that the the window camo coincides w/ a kink in the DLO (similar to the concept). However, I still think the true division btw fixed and roll down window (or, horror, black plastic) is at about the halfway through the window camo (where the pattern becomes oddly swirl-y). That will make for a much more attractively proportioned car (less lifted hatchback) but will indeed make for a really claustrophobic backseat (sad, given how airy Volvos were in the past).
Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 PM

This rendering seems to match the spy shots and concept well

Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM

http://www.motor1.com/news/140008/vo...ew-spy-photos/
Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Raconteur

Profit waiting to be grabbed.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Profit waiting to be grabbed.
Indeed. Combine the applauded style of recent Volvos with that booming segment, and basically nothing can go wrong. This will sell by the ship load, even without the need for many incentives or finance deals..

It also makes me think whether volvo will bother with a replacement for the V40 hatchback, given how premium hatchbacks are not a thing anywhere outside Europe, and even here the market is shifting every day more to CUVs in that size/price (looking at any premium/non premium dealership, any hatchback or regular sedan/estate in the C/D segment is basically sold with massive discounts - often 25/30% - from day one, no matter the badge, whilst the same car in it's CUV version will sell at nearly list price with a huge waiting list; Go figure which is mire attractive for the maker in the long term)