Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
Maybe you're reading the wrong publications, then? Yes, comparison tests have mentioned the adverse effects the weight of the Model S has had in head-to-heads with cars like the Audi RS7, Porsche Panamera and BMW M5, but every test I've read has also discussed the excellent handling, good road-holding and even well-above-average EPS in terms of providing road feel.

Perfect example:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla...i8-comparison/

I'm generally the last person to defend Tesla, and I'm hyper-critical of some elements the press just glosses over: the fake performance stats, the dismal quality control, the Model X debacle, the fact that the company is running out of cash...I could go on. But hey, I'll say this: the Model S handles really well.
I was not trying to say that it is not a good handler, as in normal driving conditions it drives well enough. It just annoys me that most publications tend to focus on a simple metric such as 0-60, but most other metrics typically measured in comparison testing are grossly overlooked. As far as I am concerned, a Tesla is only good at either AER or acceleration. Otherwise, it's just a very expensive toy. Tesla is still a very young OEM and all of its issues it is experiencing would be certainly expected. But if it manages to survive, it will be a good contender.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium959 View Post
Teslas are indeed stupendous in the straight line, but I do not see any headlines of their cars smoking other cars on skidpads or slalom speed.
I really doubt anyone would buy a Tesla for that purpose. The thing is huge and for the price you can get a topped up 718 instead ;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonium959 View Post
...Otherwise, it's just a very expensive toy...
But man, what a toy! I'll be happy to be named immature if i can get my hands in one. Probably most customers buy it knowing perfectly well that it is a toy.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

straight line, right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7K...ature=youtu.be

don't be scared of by the title... there's Tesla in it. but if you are "thread title purist" you can stop watching at 1:51