Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default 2016 Cadillac Escala Concept

The Cadillac Escala Concept debuted in California, introducing the next evolution of Cadillac design and previewing the craftsmanship and technology being developed for many future models. Following a series of private previews, Escala will be displayed at the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
The Cadillac Escala Concept previews the design and technical ideas driving the next phase of Cadillac's ongoing expansion.
"Escala is a concept with two clear objectives," said Johan de Nysschen, president of Global Cadillac. "First, Escala is a statement of intent for the next iteration of the Cadillac design language, and also technical concepts in development for future Cadillac models. Secondly, Escala builds Cadillac's aspirational character, signaling the brand's return to the pinnacle of premium."
Cadillac has released a new slate of models bristling with expressive design and exhilarating performance, driver's cars taking Cadillac into a new chapter of its storied 114-year history.
"Escala is a concept car, but one based upon the unrelenting rise of our product substance," de Nysschen said. "Depending on the development of market segment for large luxury sedans, Escala is a potential addition to our existing product plan."
Escala - Spanish for "scale"- is a concept for a larger, more elite and expressive companion to the recently launched 2016 Cadillac CT6, the brand's remarkable new range-topping prestige sedan. Escala is also the third in a series of concepts Cadillac has debuted at Pebble Beach in recent years, following the Ciel convertible (2011) and Elmiraj coupe (2013).

more:

https://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/...scala_concept/

Love it! Looks like a classier re-imagining of the Jaguar XJ

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 08-19-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Cadillac Escala Concept Sedan

Cadillac Escala Concept

Looks nice, although some Audi and Lexus cues.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:19 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Car-man View Post
Cadillac Escala Concept

Looks nice, although some Audi and Lexus cues.
Already created a thread man..

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 08-19-2016, 06:45 AM

Definitively the end of the art and science philosophy and the beginning of the new de Nysschen vision, looks teutonic, european and un-American.

The interior is nice with some cues of the latest Volvo designs.

Too bad that the sixteen never make the cut.

In the other hand, if GM could keep the material and assembly quality, German should worry as Cadillac could become a truly world class luxury brand.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Very Audi Sportback, very little Cadillac. Not a bad looking car, rather handsome, but with very little "American" DNA. And to be honest, that could be anything, from a Genesis compact sedan to some Chinese start up's car....
Old 08-19-2016, 11:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

At first I thought it would be an Escalade where the last two letters fell off the badge.

I agree a lot of the Art and Science character is gone, but that had already been getting diluted in the ATS, CTS, and CT6. This is better than those, but nowhere near as distinctive as the MK 2 CTS, which I think of as Cadillac's high-water mark.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
And to be honest, that could be anything, from a Genesis compact sedan to some Chinese start up's car....
I think that comment is dead on. What about this says Cadillac? That grill is particularly anonymous.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Initial thoughts are it's a handsome car. LOVE the wheels and I think the face is pretty nice (albeit a bit anonymous). The interior is beautiful - probably the best steering wheel out of GM in ages.

I'm not sold on the tail end of it though. I see what they're trying to do - but the angle towards the front doesn't work. If anything - it should be angled outward to the rear to these eyes.

Production cars won't look anything like this though. They never do (excluding ELR) at Caddy.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:08 PM

Among the hodgepodge of "seen it already", I'm getting a little bit of this vibe up front:

Old 08-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Raconteur

That is beautiful. It easily eclipses the Audi A7 which will look like a Hyundai Elantra in its next iteration. The concept looks production ready pretty much. Build it and USE THE DAMN NAME!