Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2019, 10:55 AM

Squalo is on a distinguished road

Somehow I think Opel will keep Zafira name and use it on smaller model also.

Citroen van is Jumpy, passenger version is Spacetourer, but in the same time Citroen ditched Picasso nameplate and replaced it with, guess what - Spacetourer.

Zafira Life has “Life” nameplate first used on passenger version on Combo Life (although “Life” reminds me on VW Caddy), so I think there would be Zafira after Zafira Tourer (not counting Life, though).
Old 04-26-2019, 07:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

haji is on a distinguished road

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/the-new-toyota-proace-city/
Old 04-27-2019, 12:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMGMan View Post
Giving Vauxhalls different names to their Opel equivalents seems to be a new thing. First, UK-bound examples of the Opel Karl revived the Vauxhall Viva name, and now they're applying Vauxhall Vivaro to a van christened the Zafira Life in Europe. What's next? Will the next Corsa resume the Nova nameplate? Will the replacement for the Insignia be known as the Cavalier Grand Sport?
Opel Zafira and Vauxhall Zafira and both compact people movers, a segment that never took off in North America. Its a very plain vanilla driving experience
Old 04-27-2019, 01:53 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
Opel Zafira and Vauxhall Zafira and both compact people movers, a segment that never took off in North America. Its a very plain vanilla driving experience
They were called minivans when Chrysler introduced the Caravan. Then they grew to a size that actually made them useful for a family.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
They were called minivans when Chrysler introduced the Caravan. Then they grew to a size that actually made them useful for a family.
In all fairness, I think the original Chrysler Voyager/Caravan was already pretty useful for an average 2 kid family.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
In all fairness, I think the original Chrysler Voyager/Caravan was already pretty useful for an average 2 kid family.
You'd be partially correct. They were great for a couple with two small kids. They were wrong-sized for a couple with two kids in car seats and a stroller or two. They were wrong sized for teenagers too. When my daughter was little, my wife and I had a Honda Element which was ok with the car seat and stroller (those suckers are HUGE these days), but there was virtually no room left for luggage for going on a trip. We migrated to a Ford Flex which was an amazingly spacious, comfortable, and which gave decent MPG on a trip.

That said, I'd love to have the passenger version of a Transit Connect, but my daughter would shoot me. She likes the Fusion and doesn't understand why Ford is axing it.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
That said, I'd love to have the passenger version of a Transit Connect,
I think that's too bad, IMO the passenger versions of these smaller vans make great family haulers, especially if you take budget into consideration; Infact in Europe usually I tend to rent a Citroen Berlingo if I'm not travelling alone, they are usually hardly more expensive than a Ford Fiesta, and so much more practical; Not only very spacious, but sliding doors (for some reasons, now with Ford phasing out the gran C-Max, the Sharan is the last regular MPV with sliding doors in Europe), and, especially with kids, the more robust nature of their interiors is actually a bonus over some over complicated electric folding seats (and the boxier shape makes them more spacious than say a C-Max or VW Touran); And that#s before you consider that in Europe often they are priced more along super minis than comparably spacious larger (by European standards) MPVs like a Ford Galaxy or VW Sharan. If I had kids, I had one of these here, certainly...