Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road
Default 2017 Mazda CX-5

Looks like an extensive re skin and an interior revision.
Deisel is coming to Canada & USA

https://www.netcarshow.com/mazda/2017-cx-5/
Old 11-17-2016, 06:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

think there might be a thread on this already but in any event, given the current model is still beating the rest of the segment in nearly every competitive test I've read, I can't imaging how much this will grow the gap between the runner up. just wish there was a bit less front overhang.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
think there might be a thread on this already but in any event, given the current model is still beating the rest of the segment in nearly every competitive test I've read, I can't imaging how much this will grow the gap between the runner up. just wish there was a bit less front overhang.
It must have been archived/deleted because I couldn't see one in the 4 pages available.

It's definitely going to shake up the segment even more!

According to Motortrend, in person the overhang doesn't look as intense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road

The interior is a significant step up on the current generation model. The exterior also looks better, but the front and the grille treatment (awful shape; oversized; where is a license plate mean't to sit gracefully?) remains its weakest link stylistically.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:21 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Love it. The previous gen had some issues looking a bit cheap (most of the segment does really). But this looks very premium. The detailing is upscale and minimal. I'm glad they've adopted the CX-9 bumpers instead of the one from their cars. It's refreshing to see the typical formula of stuck-on fog light housing/intakes has been reworked.

I really love the grille too. More upright noses seem to do it for me, but even the mesh and surrounding trim is well executed and tasteful.

The new CR-V is tough competition though. I like the CX-5 more, but the Honda went through a similar upgrade for this new generation. More premium looks, more refinement, more tech. Hoping this will boost Mazda's reputation as they really are the best non-luxury car maker. More people need to know this though.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Most media claim it#s actually all new, just manages to pull an Audi in looking like a facelift. Eitehr way, it looks nice enough on the outside, and the inside is a huge step forward (just comaprte this to the VW Atlas, which is positioned above, and look at details like the stitching - fake on the VW, e.g.). It should continue to sell in big numbers I guess
Old 11-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Why WOULDN'T people buy this over the really hideous new CRV?
Old 11-18-2016, 04:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Agree 100%

This thing is beautiful. Mazda quality is just fine; arguably better than Honda. The handling is top notch (on the outgoing model) - so have to assume that this will be even better. Then add the diesel option (and hopefully the start / stop tech) - and you have a decisive winner for fuel economy.

I'll put $$ down that this brings in some disgruntled VW owners who are diesel fans / former VW Jetta owners wanting to jump onto the CUV band wagon.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I wonder why people don't buy a Mazda in every single segment in which it has a vehicle. I can't think of a single competitor I'd buy over anything in the Mazda lineup and most car magazines seem to agree. They consistently have great exterior styling, class leading handling, avoid having tacky over-techy or blatantly pseudo-lux interiors, and from every Mazda I've been in recently, are very comfortable. Never tried to lease one though and I assume that's where they get undercut by Kia/Hyundai.

Last edited by IcedG35; 11-18-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
Never tried to lease one though
Partner and I tried to get a CX-5 about a year ago. They don't give much of a discount (I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head), and the used ones are ridiculously expensive.

I think this is great. The new interior looks really upscale, and I always thought the exterior (even of the previous gen) was quite handsome.

My only hope (which will never come true) is that they put a detuned version of the turbo engine in this eventually. Pretty please?