Old 03-18-2019, 06:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

haji is on a distinguished road
Cool 2020 Cadillac CT5

https://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2020-ct5/
Old 03-18-2019, 07:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

It’s a nice looking car other than that awful fake panel on the C pillar. Yikes.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

I'm left speechless, and not in a good way. From the B-pillar forward, it's okay, but the rear half of the car is a total mess. The kinked C-pillar looks like someone forgot to put their glasses on while copying Infiniti and ends up looking like a bad copy of the same design element from... the Accord (!!!). The whole rear half profile looks like some bizarro combo of last-gen Acura TL + Honda Civic. The hunchback styling makes it rather cheap-looking. Lincoln is cranking out stuff that looks wonderfully American w/ the Aviator and Corsair, and this is the best Cadillac can do???

It seem to be a notchback, even though, for all the world, looks like a hatch. The trunk cries out for another 6 inches or so of length.

Was this inspired by the Escala concept??? That was beautiful. This is... a RWD Buick. Honestly, I think the Kia Stinger looks better. And it's cheaper.

And it's apparently going to be priced starting in the mid-$40k. It really needed to start below $40k to have a chance to stealing some sales from the C/3/A4....

I'll give it props for having what looks to be pretty good visibility and a fairly airy greenhouse. I see nothing else to compliment....

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 03-18-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Proportions and shape are rather nice, but that fake 3rd window, especially without chrome surrounding, looks like it came straight from a Chevrolet Cruze rental car. Also those LED DRLs look very much like what Peugeot has done in their most recent models.

And that center console looks very German (iDrive and automatic gear shifter straight from a BMW, that volume knob form Audi (And as such in the same - IMO - ergonomically wrong position); Add in some Honda vibes at the back, and the general feeling is okay, but certainly it does not give me "Cadillac" vibes. And that is somehow Cadillac's (sedans esp.) greatest problem , they want to be German somehow, but people wanting German cars, buy German cars. And not a Cadillac...
Old 03-18-2019, 12:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

The face here is a much better execution than the face of that generic CUV they've recently introduced. Overall, I like it.

My problem...the name. CTS had brand recognition. So, much like traditional names, they killed it. So, they're introducing a new car that nobody knows what it is, where it slots, etc. IF they were going to kill the name CTS - at least replace the name w/ something that could be interesting...what they hell is a CT5?
Old 03-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

It will be dead on arrival. The styling is terrible. It looks like a very cheap hatchback and in no way does it look premium. Nothing about it says "Cadillac". This car illustrates why Jockitch DeNiaspan should never be allowed to be the head of anything. Infiniti got dull garbage because of him and Cadillac got two missteps (XT6 and CT5).
Old 03-18-2019, 02:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Wow; such a letdown. They should keep the camo on. I was at least excited about its potential while most of the terrible details were still hidden.

Last edited by pjl35; 03-18-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Crazy Composer!

TdeV is on a distinguished road

They can’t be serious? Fake windows on a premium product? Looks like hot trash.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Cadillac got two missteps (XT6 and CT5).
Just 2? That's generous....
Old 03-18-2019, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Proportions and shape are rather nice, but that fake 3rd window, especially without chrome surrounding, looks like it came straight from a Chevrolet Cruze rental car. Also those LED DRLs look very much like what Peugeot has done in their most recent models.

And that center console looks very German (iDrive and automatic gear shifter straight from a BMW, that volume knob form Audi (And as such in the same - IMO - ergonomically wrong position); Add in some Honda vibes at the back, and the general feeling is okay, but certainly it does not give me "Cadillac" vibes. And that is somehow Cadillac's (sedans esp.) greatest problem , they want to be German somehow, but people wanting German cars, buy German cars. And not a Cadillac...
After killing off the Cruze, GM had to do something with those extra parts

Some comparisons

The side feels like BMW E60 a bit, but also at the same time, it feels like some other GM product but rebadged into a cadillac....