Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 02:23 PM

madskillz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I don't think anything can save this car from Dullsville.
The main problem of this car is its sh***y interior(and also cramped) and not the looks.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillz View Post
The main problem of this car is its sh***y interior(and also cramped) and not the looks.
The exterior is pretty forgettable. It's definitely not been the sales success Jaguar needed and the lack of flash likely is responsible for a lack of customers.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The exterior is pretty forgettable. It's definitely not been the sales success Jaguar needed and the lack of flash likely is responsible for a lack of customers.
I think Jaguar was in a difficult position: The X-Type had left a bad taste in most people's mouth (I don#t think it was a s bad as some magazines made it, btw.) so there was this shadow, and the market is not only since last year shifting away from sedans to cross overs.

And, the XE was not the product to go against these difficult starting conditions; It did at first glance look exactly like the XF, a car several years old and about to be phased out, just with duller rear lights and a dull interior lacking both style and materials worthy of Jaguar. Making it rather cramped, and not offering a wagon body style for Europe were also not the happiest decision;

It's sad, because it's not a bad car as a whole, I love the exterior bar the rear end (which likely is getting an improvement now), and the interior seems to be slotted for a major overhaul; But, it will remain with adequate at best engines (and in a Jaguar the engine is a more emotional part than in a Volvo, Audi or Lexus), and the competition is pretty much new., with a new 3 series and Volvo S60, the Genesis G70 where available, and the A4 due for a major facelift soon (that said, in Europe the new Peugeot 508 could be an interesting left field choice as well for wannabe coupe sedan customers, after having been in one I can say the interior feels a million times more expensive than the current XE, and despite it's coupe shape it is significantly more spacious); And, an even more cross over friendly market with even more offerings than a few years ago. I guess that whatever this facelift does, it won't turn around the XE's fate anymore...
Old 01-15-2019, 03:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

i think we learned from the original XF not to underestimate a Jaguar facelift. at least we know the interior will benefit from Velar styling.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

I certainly think it looks more upscale. Would it kill them to add some warmth from wood? I know that's very last century, but other makes (incl LR/RR) so it very well and make it look nicely modern.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:29 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

The problem with the XE is that it's not enough car, not enough bling, not enough performance for the price. When it debuted, it felt like a 10-years-ago car in a time warp.