Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 05:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Article says that the A4 will get a refreshed dashboard in the style of the A6. I wonder how much of the A6 wil make it's way into the A4 since I assume the current "near-floating" dash design would need a significant overhaul to accommodate another screen (or two).
Old 01-23-2019, 06:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Article says that the A4 will get a refreshed dashboard in the style of the A6. I wonder how much of the A6 wil make it's way into the A4 since I assume the current "near-floating" dash design would need a significant overhaul to accommodate another screen (or two).
The same change is coming to the facelifted Q7, so Id wager it will be pretty substantial just like the Q7.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not sure it will have 3 screens, but I could well see a dash like the new Q3 (instruments as a screen + touchscreen in the center instead of the current MMI) in the boxier style of the A6 easily implemented.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

That's too bad it possibly getting more screens. I liked the analog simplicity of the dials and buttons....
Old 01-24-2019, 10:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
That's too bad it possibly getting more screens. I liked the analog simplicity of the dials and buttons....
Me too. A well made button or click wheel (and Audi does/did them well) is so much more satisfying (and less distracting) to use than hitting a position on a touch screen....
Old 01-24-2019, 11:46 AM
CSS Veteran

disap.ed is on a distinguished road

^ I generally agree, especially for air condition control etc., but the MMI system in the A4 is a pain in the a** to use if you are used to touchscreens (like all people are these days), it takes ages to put in adresses in the navigation for example.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
^ I generally agree, especially for air condition control etc., but the MMI system in the A4 is a pain in the a** to use if you are used to touchscreens (like all people are these days), it takes ages to put in adresses in the navigation for example.
In a premium car nowadays I would expect a good voice recognition for the Sta Nav, or at least a good predictable software. But, whatever method you use, it#s usually a pain in the A**; Likely a reason so many people use anyway Carplay or Android Auto, where they set the target on the phone before...