There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2016, 08:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default 2019/20 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/all...ion-is-to.html

Even if the current model (in reality more a Golf Mk. VI than a properly new model) is sill quite fresh, the new one is already out there testing. at first sight, similarities are plenty, but it doies look boxier and bigger, so it should be more spacious (and the current car ia already on teh sapcious end of it's segment). The Apillar is now more conventional without the small traingular window (similar move as Kia did with the Rio), and an all new platform this time will help to make it lighter..

it is already more or less confirmed that a sedan version is in the works for China, wearing Buick badges.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road

Speaking of the sedan version...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/488805/2...a-sedan-spied/
Old 10-11-2016, 10:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Oh dear. That does look rather unfortunate. Like a posher Nissan Versa. Stressing the Versa part, not the posh part....
Old 10-11-2016, 05:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

Proportionally, it looks like it shares more in common with the Chevy Sonic. Wouldn't be surprised if Sonic II and this Corsa get united.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Oh dear. That does look rather unfortunate. Like a posher Nissan Versa. Stressing the Versa part, not the posh part....
To be fair, I think some of the awkwardness is from the camo, which does give the rear quarter windows a similar look to the Versa. Based on the little we can see if the actual cutlines, I think this might look like a more modern version of the last-gen Civic (which is still not a great thing....).
Old 10-12-2016, 07:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Proportionally, it looks like it shares more in common with the Chevy Sonic. Wouldn't be surprised if Sonic II and this Corsa get united.
IMO that is on ther hands, the current Corsa is still a step child of the short lived GM/Fiat marriage, and as thus, I guess the Euro centric (and probably thus expensive to make) platform made little sense for the cheaper Chevy. But I'd bet 99,9% this and the next Sonic are just as related as the Astra and Chevy Cruze....
Old 03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/ope...hifts-new.html

And the car we see above is the first victim of the new PSA/Opel marriage, as it is canceled, and a new one will be developed on PSA underpinnings. But that means the new model will not arrive before 2020 (by which time the basic current car - just a reskin of the Corsa D - will be 14 years old)

The article also states that no GM based Opel will be allowed to be sold in any overseas market that Opel hasn't been on sale yet, and vice versa (so no current Chevys or Buicks for Europe, as I would interpret that).

Whilst it makes sense to not go on with the development of GM related platforms, it is also a shame that a basically finished car (the one above seems to be in it#s final testings) is dumped into the bin.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/ope...hifts-new.html

And the car we see above is the first victim of the new PSA/Opel marriage, as it is canceled, and a new one will be developed on PSA underpinnings. But that means the new model will not arrive before 2020 (by which time the basic current car - just a reskin of the Corsa D - will be 14 years old)

The article also states that no GM based Opel will be allowed to be sold in any overseas market that Opel hasn't been on sale yet, and vice versa (so no current Chevys or Buicks for Europe, as I would interpret that).

Whilst it makes sense to not go on with the development of GM related platforms, it is also a shame that a basically finished car (the one above seems to be in it#s final testings) is dumped into the bin.
I could understand this if it was delaying vehicles still under development, but delaying the Corsa when it's so close to being ready seems like a huge misstep.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:36 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Now, with all the delays, finally the real deal testing; proportions and wheels are definite PSA give away; ALso, thanks to the delay, the title needs upgrade;

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/20...ts-later-year/

Based of the recently introduced Citroen C3 and the upcoming next gen Peugeot 208, so expect engines and tech to mirror these
Old 01-24-2019, 04:14 PM

Tomm14 is on a distinguished road

You mean the recent DS3 Crossback(CMP), because the CitroŽn C3 uses only the current 208 Platform ;)