Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

Attention today to the biggest new of the week. BMW is getting out of the F1.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Along with the announcement of BMW pulling out of F1 today (7/29/09), there is another announcement from the company, regarding a debut at the upcoming Frankfurt show, a "sustainable sports car concept" - perhaps this is the "green" supercar which was covered frequently in this thread, as well as reports in other automotive sites. Here is a link to the report placed below:

http://www.motorauthority.com/report...frankfurt.html
Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Along with the announcement of BMW pulling out of F1 today (7/29/09), there is another announcement from the company, regarding a debut at the upcoming Frankfurt show, a "sustainable sports car concept" - perhaps this is the "green" supercar which was covered frequently in this thread, as well as reports in other automotive sites. Here is a link to the report placed below:

http://www.motorauthority.com/report...frankfurt.html
Concept Vison Z
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I don't know what to make of this. I Googled BMW Concept Vision Z, and I came up with this below, in a BMW blog:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/01/29/bm...rformance-car/

I don't know it this is supposed to be a smaller halo, the "green" supercar, of something, as the report I posted from www.motorauthority.com indicates, as a direct rival for the Mercedes-Benz/AMG SLS and the Audi R8 (perhaps while still being a "green" supercar, being that an electric-powered SLS is also in development), we'll see soon enough, and get some answers.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
CSS Veteran

What you all say is truly sad to hear, I truly think BMW needs Formula 1 to help it stay competative with Mercedes especially now with all this new F1 technology coming on line as we speak. BMW has announced it will reveal a sustanible sportscar concept, which means it will be the green supercar in concept form. The plan is to use a aluminum spaceframe with body panels made of carbon fiber, RTM and aluminum for the doors and roof. The reason there has been no pictures of thismodel running according tomy sources it has been wind tunnel tested through it's paces and we should see a running concept at Frankfurt. Alot of companiesactually run there models in the wind tunnel, to keep the surprise ofa new model. This willdo wonders for BMW, especially right now when it needs a new niche sportscar model that will help it compete with Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari amougst other smaller companies.

Mercedes-AMG SLS Black Series will be powered by a twin-turbo 6.2 liter V-8 with 707 BHP and will be good for a topspeed of 220 MPH. The body panels will be made carbon fiber snd will carry over the same styling as the original version, which will make the car some 150 kg liters then the aluminum version of this car. My sources are now starting to reveal more and more news of this model. Don't expect this model to feature wider fenders, just simply carbon fiber body panels made by HWA of racing bred carbon fiber with exposed carbon fiber on the center spine between the gullwing doors side vent slats, and the rear wing. Expect a stronger new MCT 7 speed duel-clutch transmmission with stiffer suspinsion and larger wheels possibly 20 inchers up front and 21 inchers in the rear, with stickier track bred tires. Expect the price tag on this model to be close to $300,000 USDM, which will still keep it under the price of the out going SLR McLaren.

Mercedes-AMG as wel all know will offer a total of 4 versions fo the SLS AMG. As we all know we will see the 571 BHP base model in concept form at Frankfurt in September, followed by a SLS Roadster possibly named SLC about a year after the coupe arrives, with the same engine, and will gain no weight over the coupe, thanks in part to the lost of the roof, and will use a fabric folding roof instead of a folding metal roof. The chassis is rigid enough to support the roadster with minimal stiffening needed. There will be the SLS Black Series as mentioned in the news above, and last but not least a plug-in hybrid version with electric motors at each wheel and will produce 564 BHP. This model will, feature light weight lithium ion batteries where the engine would go and will be offered as a reoadster also. This is also the reason for DaimlerAG buying 10 % of Tesla, and Tesla has started work on a new transmission with Daimler AG to help get more power out of the electric motors. According to my sources this tranmission will be able to be used in Smart, Mercedes, and Tesla's!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I posted something on the dedicated thread on the Bugatti Bordeaux, in another forum within this site, which is similar that I'm posting below, I feel that's it's very fitting in this thread, as well.

Here's a rendering and report of the Bugatti Bordeaux from Britain's Car Magazine, and I must say that it's a nice interpretation of this upcoming 4-door coupe/uber-saloon, but the only thing is the rear-window seems larger in the rendering, to me, than the teaser would indicate. Fantastic job, though!! I've included the link to the article just below:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-...scoop-lowdown/
Old 07-29-2009, 07:53 PM

MCLAREN do you know maybe what are Fiat planing to do with viper or is it too soon to know?
Will there be next generation or they will run this version couple more years and then stop production.
I 've heard rumors there was supposed to be smaller v10 engine in the works for viper or even that there will is possibility of v8 engine based on new phoenix engine from chrysler.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I can agree with asrapid's question: I'm really glad that now that Fiat as a stake in Chrysler, that they're holding into the Viper franchise and continuing the model, but I'm also hoping that this will continue, and not die after this generation runs its course. It adds credibility to the brand, is a major and respected icon, generates showroom traffic, as well as, or more, than a Challenger SRT-8, and does not step on the toes of, nor compete with the Ferrari and the Maserati, but closer to the Corvette ZR1. As far as the powerplant, would a V10 continue? This is also an Icon. I don't see a V8 derivative of the soon to debut Pentastar V6 (superior to the outgoing V6s) for Chrysler has the Hemi V8, also an icon within itself, and an outstanding sub-brand. Hypothetically, I can see a new V10 derived from the Hemi V8.

Now, on to the Bugatti Bordeaux: in the thread dedicated to the Bugatti Bordeaux called "2011 Bugatti Bordeaux (sedan?)" in the "Car Spy Pictures" forum in this site, on post #53, there is a dark photo or rendering, a teaser, perhaps, of a profile/silouette. MCLAREN, I don't know of you saw this or not, or know more about the appearance of design of the Bordeaux, but you have had a first-hand view of the Grand Bentley, which the Bordeaux is to be based on, and the Grand Bentley is much larger than the outgoing Arnarge, and mule-shots have even appeared of the Bentley. I question the pic I mentioned, and here is a link to that thread, from this site, below:

http://www.carspyshots.net/showthrea...977#post380977

Also, I'll repost here what I wrote in that thread, and it's just below:

"I question that side/silo/profile rendering on post #53, on what is evidently another teaser, I believe, of the Bugatti Bordeaux. It doesn't seem to match the first two teasers, let alone the two renderings, one traditional, the other a CGI, of the soon to be unveiled uber-sedan. For some reason, in this profile shot, the car appears rather small, at least smaller that I had anticipated. If you take the rendering, open it in Photoshop, curve it back and brighten it and add more contrast, you can see more wheel details, and cooling openings appearing to resemble the trademark Bugatti arched-grille.

I don't know what to make of that dark pic at all. I also thought, and had expected this, being it's a spiritual successor to the enormous original Bugatti Royale, that it would be Rolls-Royce Phantom-sized, or at least Maybach 57-sized, or being it's based on the same architecture as the soon to be unveiled Grand Bentley, which is to be larger than it's predecessor, be at least that size, or even larger for it is a Bugatti, and the top of the food-chain, and even more exclusive than the Rolls-Royce. Being it has the W16 powering it, I would also figure on a longer hood with that mill front-mid mounted. Also, that greenhouse; I know that this is an exclusive Bugatti, but it is awfully narrow, as well as extremely arched.

I don't know if that is an official teaser, or something that somebody had created on their own, in the meantime, before we get more info, photos and specs."

Is there any truth or accuracy to this?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 AM
CSS Veteran

Thats news was once upon a time to early to clearly state, but my sources close to Chrysler had stated to me that there are plans for a new generation of Viper, this new model will feature a new V-10 with a lower displacement of roughly 6.0 liters and will be good for as much as 600 BHP, thanks in part to direct injection, dry sump lubrication, and race derived engine components. My sources have also stated that Alfa Romeo could be planning to use the new Vipers chassis for the Alfa Romeo 8C successor, and would be good for both coupe and roadster models. The cars body panels will be made of RTM fiber glass, to shave even more weight on this new production model. Expect this new Viper to offer a sequetial shoft transmission, that will offer Ferrari levels of performence figures. My source also has stated to me that the new Viper could switch to a aluminum spaceframeto keep it up to date and shead weight.

FERRARI; this will be a huge update for you all, I will outline all there production models as well as update the news of the Formula 1 Team Scuderia Ferrari, and the possiblity of a return to LeMans. I do mean all new production models.

As we all know Felipe Massa has been inuried in last weekend Hungerian F1 during qualifiying, and it was unclear as to whom would replace him, well offically some rumors stated Fernando Alonso, could replace him,but offically the news is that of the return of thr the 7 time world champion Michael Schumacher. I was on hand here at Ferrari's headquarters in Maranello as the news came out, he is preparing to get back into the driver seat of the Formula 1 car, namely climbing into the seat of the F60. Ironic as it all is, the next Ferrari supercar currently known as the FX70 will likely carry the name of F60 Schumacher!!! LOL!

Later this year Ferrari will reveal a new hybrid concept sportscar, likely at the Los Angeles Autoshow in December. My sources have revealed to me that this concept will showcase the new direct injection twin-turbo V-8 which is slated to displace 5.0 liters, and will aslo feature flex-fuel, which will allow for more power while cutting emissions. My sources also suggest that this cars chassis is made of carbon fiber, with much learned from the Enzo/FXX development mules, this engine will be attached to a carbon fiber and titanium structure along with the suspinsion and transmission. My sources have revealed to me that Ferrari will feature a K.E.R.S. system mated to the transmission that will send the power to the front wheels via 2 electric motors mated to the brakes. We should see this model arrive in the coming 2 years at the latest!!!!! My sources have revealed to me that this engine will produce 796 BHP and will feature new levels of active aerodynamics, such as air jets that will help get the air out of the chassis at speed. A rumored topspeed of 238 BHP is looking alot lower then the actual car, should be good for a topspeed of 245 BHP possibly 250. This new engine will be mated to a new faster shifting 7 speed duel-clutch transmission by Getreg and will allow for a 0-62 MPH in 2.9 seconds, 0-100 in 3.9 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 10 seconds at a speed of 180 MPH.

As we all have seen the Ferrari 458 Italiam has broken cover ahead of Frankfurt, and this will be the first new lighter Ferrari to hit production, and this new model will feature a new 4.5 liter V-8 producing 563 BHP and will ha ve a topspeed of 202 MPH. This new mode features a aluminum spaceframe chassis that has been designed formthe ground up to save weight early as possible. There will be a carbriolet version and even possibly a targa version of this model in the future, Expect to see the Scuderia successor with as much as 610 BHP which will give horsepowerincrease by as much as 50 BHP.

The California will see a version of the new 458 Italia's V-8 with horsepower rolled back to roughly 525 which will keep a gap between these engines and models. Expect this model to just carry the name California, no numeric name at all.

599 GTB Fiorano will showcase a new version soon enough, namely a enlarged engine featuring direct injection for the big V-12, which is rumored to displace 6.3 liters and will be good for roughly 660 BHP. There will be a light weight version of the 599 GTB, alot like the 599XX road development model. with body panels made of carbon fiber and RTM fiber glass. There are also final stage development going on the 599 GTB Spider which will showcase a folding carbon fiber and aluminum roof and should also see the use of the new 6.3 liter direct injection V-12 with 660 BHP also. Following this we will see the successor for the 599 GTB which will feature a low displacement twin-turbo V-12, rumored to be roughly 4.6 liters and will be good for 630 BHP in the coupe, and mated to a Getreg 7 speed duel-clutch transaxle.

The 612 successor has started developmetal testing and we should see in in the next year or so, expect the cockpit to remain 2+2 but with new levels of sport and luxury all together. This model will use a version of the new twin-turbo V-12 displacing a rumored 4.6 liters and will produce 600 BHP and have a topspeed of 200 MPH. Expect this model to feature body panels made of aluminum RTM fiber glass, and possibly carbon fiber.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

MCLAREN, that's a very impressive update regarding the development at Ferrari, thank you for taking the time to gather and post all this information. Same with the answer concerning the Dodge Viper at Chrysler; it's moving forward with Fiat's input, too, I can see from this. The only question regarding Ferrari's development, the part with the 599 GTB Fiorano; it states that an enlarged 6.3L V12 with D.I. will come about in a new version, with an impressive 660hp (the current has 620hp, I believe), but, with the mention of the successor/next-generation, it states to have a downsized displacement with a HP output of 630HP. Why would the HP rating in the successor be lesser amount? I was just wondering, even though that number is slightly greater than the 620 of today's model.

Also, to what I had posted here in post #1018, with that link with that profile/silo that came from the Bugatti Bordeaux thread (post #53 in that thread) - is that accurate or a close depiction, or something that somebody had created and submitted? It's radical, but it doesn't seem to be the stately, lengthy uber-sedan that had been well described here, it gives the impression of a 5-meter car, and it seems awfully snub-nose, too. So far, as of this writing, I could not find that same pic on any other site anywhere which pertains to automotive news.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 07-30-2009 at 05:01 AM.