Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
I am heading to England before I leave Europe, so maybe I can get the heads up on the new McLaren Projects for everyone, I should be there by tomorrow morning, so I will let everyone know what I find out about McLaren, Aston Martin/Lagonda, Jaguar/Land Rover/ Lotus, TVR, MG Rover Group, BMW/Mini, Morgan ,Bristol, Ascari, amoungst others such as Bentley, Rolls-Royce.
You travel a lot :);).
You've mention some companies that i didn't even know they have something new in plans (TVR, Bristol). I can even remember reading something new about TVR.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

I haven't heard much lately regarding TVR either, and there were past rumors that they wanted to bring TVR's stateside, but that never seemed to take off, as of yet, anyway.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM
CSS Veteran

Yes, I'm traveling around here in Euroope for business, so while I'm here I'm visiting all the facotries I can in hopes I can get some information on upcoming models.

TVR are currently working with Bertone on new designs for there next generation of sportscar, the first model will be the Typhoon, which will be a aircraft inspired sportscar, and that will be the new focus of TVR. The second model will be the successor to the Speed 12 which will be powered by a twin- crew supercharged 6.0 liter V-12 producing roughly 800 BHP. The third and final model will be the successor to the Sagaris, and will be powered by a Ricardo designed and built V-8, producing as much as 450 BHP. These models are slated to eb brought stateside since the designs of these models will aloow them to meet crash regualtions as well as emissions laws, thansk to the new Ricardo MDS system as well as the use of direct injection. The bodies will be sent from Bertone in Italy to TVR's factory in Blackpool, which TVR will keep running till thee new factory is ready to be used!

Rumor here in England has it that bentley has been testing a 4 door coupe roughly the size of the Arnage, and supposably the engine is the quad-turbo-8.0 liter W-16, which is a showcar and not for the public as of right now. I'm hoping to see it running while I'm here in England, especially when I visit Crewe. I also hope to findout just how much of this new model will be shared with Bugatti's Royale. Speaking of which while I was in Germany I heard news that Bugattir plans to reveal this model late next year now, but this model will be like no Bugatti before it, in other words it will not take any cues from the other Bugatti concepts from 1999's Autoshow season instead expect a model that will follow the lines that are unique yet close to those of the Veyron.

I am not far form Woking, Surrey, England and I have seen the P11 and SLR Speedster running around the area thus far, and tomorrow I will be heading to the factory in hopes of getting more news about there future models. Rumor here in the area suggest that McLaren are currently planning on developing a successor to the SLR, which will be a front mid-engine layout, powered by a version of the new 5.5 liter V-8 possibly supercharged also, but this new model will take McLaren into a market they haven't gone into before namely a GT with a 2+2 seating arrangement, with a very sleek profile and short overhangs. This model will likely be the last in the line-up only due to the ideas that are being tossed around thus far. From what I saw of the SLR Speedster, I would have to say that it will be alot faster then the coupe or Roadsters. I have reason to believe that it uses the 722's engine, becuase the acceleration is alot faster, and even though it loses something close to 200kg in weight, I would have to believe thats not enough weight lose to improve horsepower that much.!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLAREN P_10 View Post
Yes, I'm traveling around here in Euroope for business, so while I'm here I'm visiting all the facotries I can in hopes I can get some information on upcoming models.

TVR are currently working with Bertone on new designs for there next generation of sportscar, the first model will be the Typhoon, which will be a aircraft inspired sportscar, and that will be the new focus of TVR. The second model will be the successor to the Speed 12 which will be powered by a twin- crew supercharged 6.0 liter V-12 producing roughly 800 BHP. The third and final model will be the successor to the Sagaris, and will be powered by a Ricardo designed and built V-8, producing as much as 450 BHP. These models are slated to eb brought stateside since the designs of these models will aloow them to meet crash regualtions as well as emissions laws, thansk to the new Ricardo MDS system as well as the use of direct injection. The bodies will be sent from Bertone in Italy to TVR's factory in Blackpool, which TVR will keep running till thee new factory is ready to be used.
This sounds exellent. If it is build will v12 be outsourced or in house made? Did you heard maybe something aboout Melling hellcat ? THis car was supposed to have v10 (machined from billet) with turbos on it and over 1000 hp.

Last edited by asrapid; 10-17-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM
CSS Veteran

I have heard alot of news on the Melling Hellcat as of late, the rumors of the 1000 BHP quad-turbo V-10 is very true, but they have yet to make the offical release of this model, do to the economy being so bad globally! But Melling is currently working on the Griffen sportscar also, so this maybe the reason for the delay.

It's night here in England and I have gone to the McLaren headquarters in Woking, very interesting news I have heard about with the re-design of the P11, I actually saw Frank Stephenson while I was there and I had to ask him what is the new direction he is takign the car in, he said the car was great already, but the plan was to make it more F1 inspired then the original concept was. I asked whats next fr McLaren he told me that there will be alot of new things coming from McLaren in the coming years, I asked about the P12 and he siad that car is being developed on the P11 chassis, and will be lighter and feature unique body panels that will make this car lighter also! I had to ask about the engine, he told me that he can't talk about the engine at this point due to it being in development as we speak, i asked will it be a Mercedes-AMG unit, he told me that it will be based ona Mercedes engine, but will not be built by Mercedes-AMG. I asked will it be a 5.5 liter that I heard was being developed in England, he told me that he can't talk about that. I asked will there be a supercharged version he told me that it will be a supercharged version for the P12, wand denied the rumors of there being a V-10 in development. I asked how is McLaren going to incorperate there F1 teams technology into there new cars, he told me that the SLR was the first step, and now the development of the P11 is well underway and should be pretty smoothly now, since the re-design is well underway. I asked about the rumored sportscar Codenamed Can-Am, he told he couldn't talk about that car at all! I asked will it be a hypercar as the rumors suggest, he told me that he can't tlak about it at all, due to it being in the early stages, so I told him that I will let it all go if he gives me some news on the planned SLR successor, he told me that there are plans to develop a car alone, but he couldn't tell me more then expect it sometime in 2011 if it does get the greenlight. he told me that the engine development cost has been taken over by a shareholder in the company, which leads me to believe that with 4 factors being shareholders in the company, namely Mansour Ojjeh, Ron Dennis, Daimler AG, and Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, wholly owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain. I persoanlly believe that the Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company is the financial company behind the engine cost.

I will be back soon with more news, so stay tuned~!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The Melling Hellcat - I had forgotten about that one and I also hadn't seen or heard any further information on it, there were a couple of articles here and there on other automotive-related sites pertaining to the Hellcat in the last couple of years. I hope this one comes through successfully, as well, too.

A lot of nice news on TVR's - I looks like some nice things are in development, too, and they're being designed with the USDM in mind, too, allowing for the regs. Something else outstanding to look forward to!

A lot of thorough reporting coming from the McLaren camp, I see. There appears a lot in development and much progress going on within those perimeters but there is much shrouded in secrecy, proprietary information, I gather. There's a lot you found out, but much you couldn't get past, but, a major accomplishment, nonetheless. Much to anticipate coming from McLaren!

The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was the fact that Bugatti is said to release the Royale sedan for public viewing later in the year 2009, I was hoping for Geneva '09 - oh well... good things come to those who wait! At least it's going forward, and I'm certainly not complaining about that. Also, I do recall a slew of Bugatti concepts in the late 90s, but time has moved forward and this Royale should now take new levels of sophistication.

Again, excellent reporting, MCLAREN, and I'll look forward to your uncoming answers and installments!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 AM
CSS Veteran

The things I have learned while I've been here in England have come into handie as you all will soon findout! Bentley is slated to possibly reveal the Arnage, Azure, Brooklands successor at a upcoming Autoshow, the car is currently in development and progressing nicely, so I wouldn't be suprised at all if it shows up next year, possibly at Geneva, which would be a great place to show off the production model, and a concept of the Bugatti Royale! I personally would lvoe to see that because both showing up on the same stage would break new grounds for both companies within the Porsche - VAG!!!! Bentley has plans for a unique 4 door coupe on the Arnage successor chassis also, which as I hear it could very well be a model using the quad-turbo 8.0 liter W-16 producing roughly 900 BHP, and would be built by a coachbuilder for Bentley, possible reviving the Mulliner Coachbuilding form to keep the money in-house. This model as I hear it will feature a completely bespoke interior, as well as body work, that will showcase alot of classic lines as well as a new design language for Bentley!!!!

Bristol has started plans for the successors to there line-up which will include the Bleinheim 4, the Bleinheim Speedster 2, and the Fighter. The first will be the new Bleinheim 2+2 Gt, this model is actually slated to carry the reborn Hemi V-8 possibly supplied by Hennessey Motorsports instead of Chrysler due to the new horsepower upgrades they can achieve with supercharging and turbocharging. This engine will also sever under the hood of the Bleinheim Speedster which will become even more sporty with th use of a new aluminum chassis that it will share with both the Bleinheim 4 GT, and the Fighter's successor, rumor has it that it will get a twin-turbo and enlarged HEMI engine with the possible Viper V-10 from Hennessey Motorsports if all goes well with the Viper nmeplate being sold off, then we should see these cars enter production before 2011 and they are planned to be made for US sales this time around.

Since I have been here, I have heard that McLaren has began final work on the SLR Speedster, which will probably carry a different name when it hits production. The only thing that I'm unclear of is will Mercedes-AMG badge the Gullwing as a SLR since it is there historic name. McLaren is slate to show the SLR Speedster possibly at Geneva, which is pretty much to take the attraction away from the planned Mercedes-AMG Gullwing Concept. Especially now that McLaren and Mercedes-AMG are on the outs, they have planned to truly work ona competitor to the Gullwing in the P11, which I have reason to believe will be dominate to the Gullwing. I mean the car will be lighter, which means power to weight ratio will be great, as well as the fact that the engine is placed in a true mid-engine configuration. I have gotten more news from my source and they have told me that McLaren are planning currently to developing the P11, P12, and P13 in Bahrain, which would make sense to me seeing that the Bahrain is amoungst the largest supporters as well as having a great track to test the car on. The reason for the switch is now to avoid other companies seeing the car ahead of time. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, you have heard it right McLaren will go it alone with a 3 sportscar line-up, with the P11 going for the Audi R8, Ferrari F430 successor, Lamborghini Gallardo successor, Porsche 911 Turbo BMW Z8 successor, and Mercedes Gullwing, The P12 aimed at the Ferrari 599 GTB, Porsche 911 GT3, Lamborghini Murcielago successor, and the the Extreme Gullwing model, while the P13 also known as Project Can-AM will target the Bugatti Veyron successor, Ferrari FX70/FX150, Porsche Carrera GT successor GT1, Mercedes Black Hammer, and possible BMW M sportscar. All of these models will feature active aerodynamics, light weight constructions thanks to Carbon fiber and other composite materials.
Each of these models were well into development before the plug was pulled by Mercedes now long gone C.E.O. Eckhard Cordes. These models were known as P8, P9, and P10, now just moved up to show that McLaren are now going it alone. The P11 will still be the entry-level sportscar for the company. The P12 will be based on the P11 monocoque and will eb the true successo to the SLR, while P13 will be the true F1 successor and powered bya twin-screw supercharger instead of turbos, which will give the car all it's power from the start not as in turbos that take time to spool up and then go.

Last edited by MCLAREN P_10; 10-20-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrapid View Post
As I have heard about the Natalia SLS2 is that it will be the most powerful luxury saloon on the planet, powered by a 1200 BHP V-16, with the size slated to be that of the Maybach 62 to give it plenty of room for the passenger cell!

v16 volcano engine in Natalia SLS2 looks similar to cadillac v16 engine in specification.
One thing the upcoming DiMora Natalia SLS2 "Volcano" V16 and the Cadillac Sixteen concept V16 to have in common, besides the cylinder count, is the fact the they are both engineered to me multi-displacement/cylinder cut-off; the configuration in each power-plant can go from 4 to 8 to 12 to 16 pistons firing when demanded. Who knows, perhaps one engine could have been, to a point, blueprinted from another.

MCLAREN, another thorough report which is greatly appreciated, especially resulting from your travels! Much happening at Bristol, and I haven't even thought of the great marque - looks as though some planning for the USDM is indicated via the post. Also, there look aplenty happening at McLaren Motors, giving it a massive fight with a serious upcoming 3-car arsenal! It's highly outstanding to see all the marques move forward with plans and bespoke hardware! I'll keep looking forward to the updates and thanks a million for your efforts and going through all the trouble!

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 10-20-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
CSS Veteran

No Problem on updating what I'm finding out while I'm on my travels~!!!!

Well my sources have recently updated me on some news from Italy, well on June 24, 2010 Alfa Romeo will be celebrating it's centennial and with that Alfa Romeo have plans for a successor to the 8C coupe and spider, and this car will be based on a unique chassis and is slated to be a bridge between there past line-up and there future line-up. This model will be the companies flagship model and will showcase a new design language all together for Alfa Romeo. The word has it that the chassis will be unique to Alfa Romeo, and word has it this car will have a twin-turbo V-8, loosely based on that of the Ferrari FX150's twin-turbo V-8, but detuned to produce about 650+BHP. No word yet on if the car will be a true mid-engine or a front mid-engine, but the rumors suggest the car will be more back to basics then the 8C.

News from McLaren suggest that the McLaren SLR Speedster will feature a hood based on the hood of the SLR 722 GTR racer, which will help remove the extra heat from the engin, especially since the exuast has been moved to the location of the side vents. Also expect the car to have a center divider between the 2 seats that will make the car stiffer as well as provide more safety incaase of a rollover accident. This is also backed up by the recent pictures of the SLR Speedster which show the car completely covered. Rumors suggest that mcLaren could name there upcoming models for there drivers!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 AM
CSS Veteran

News here in England suggest that Tata Group are plannign to revive the Daimler nameplate as a new line-up all together! The line would consist of a large super luxury saloon, a 2 door coupe, and a sportscar. These models are planned to be pased on a stand alone aluminum spaceframe chassis in different lengths. The idea is to make a model that woul rival Bentley's Continental GT/ Flying Spur, Rolls-Royce RR4, and Maybach 51 4 door coupe. The plan is to built these model as stablemate to Jaguar, with a targeted price of $150,000-$250,000 for each model in the line-up. These models would all feature light weght bodies made of aluminum. The interiors will be unique to Daimler, not as they were previously with upgraded Jaguar models. The plan is to use unique engines for this line-up.

Jaguar are currently looking to expand there line-up to include a couple new sportscars currently Codenamed Project R. in Project R there is the planned F-Type, and a car that would take Jaguar back to it's roots with a true mid-engined sportscar. The originally plan was to build the F-Type off of the XK8 chassis true to it's roots it will be a GT powewred by a 550 BHP supercharged 5.0 liter V-8, but the second sportscar will now be a true mid-engine sportscar powered by a race derived supercharged 5.0 liter V-8 producing as much as 650 BHP. The plan is that the chassis will feature a carbon fiber monocoque passenger cell, while the front and rear crash structure/sub-frames will be made of aluminum and steel. the body will be made of aluminum and carbon fiber, and will feature plenty of design cues from Jaguars Racing history including there F1 Team.. The rumored suggested that Tata Group was going to buy the tooling for the Ford GT to help build there supercar, which I think would be great because the chassis has already been crash tested and homolagated for racing as well as pedestrian use.

Rumors suggest Pagani have finished the design of the C9 and the car should be revealed at Geneva in March. The rumors suggest that the C9 would be powered by a twin-turbo AMG V-12, but this is false, Pagani will recieve the SLR 722 Editions V-8 producing 700 BHP and 627 lbs feet of torque. Pagani had planned to use a V-12, but with the current twin-turbo V-12 soon to be ending production Pagani went with the SLR's supercharged V-8 displacing 5.5 liters which produces 650 BHP in the SLR 722 GTR, this horsepower has been bumped up thanks to the new ZF 7 speed sequetial transmission and Pagani's new exuast system that wil free up an extra 30 BHP.