Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008
Default JC Vincere.

Thursday, March 5, 2009. The newest vehicle from the JC stables arrives with poise, style, performance, and confidence. The all-new Vincere is here.

Another ground-breaking design from the JC house.

In Latin, Vincere means, "To Conquer." The JC Vincere is aimed towards the successful professional who must travel in poise, style, and with confidence. The Vincere delivers all in spades. The Vincere has a sleek, muscular body, its power hidden in the bulging wheel fenders and sharp surfacing accents, like a finely cut suit over a toned body. JC's design language speaks clearly here, a perimeter line running around the car with the bulging flanks taken from the Volant concepts. A raising side swash is a more dynamic version of the one seen on the Virtu sedan. Striking rear taillamps are a new interpretation of the JC taillamp design language seen on the first Vurig. And finally, the T grille up front with its offset JC badge bravely heralds in another ground breaking piece of design language for JC vehicles.

The front end is designed with no visible headlamps, just like the Vayu concept from Detroit. The headlamps are hidding within the grille but make their presence known when the car is turned on, with bright LED daytime running lamps. At night, the headlamps shine strongly from within the grille, giving life to the engine of the vehicle.

Other details abound in the Vincere. The floating rear view mirrors make an appareance, as does an exquistely detailed triangular air vent on the front fender, which makes another stylistic connection to the Volant roadster. The large, airy DLO is pillarless and features windows that completely slide down, making for a very airy ambience inside in addition to the optional windshield-to-roof glass. A pop-out spoiler is integrated into the rear glass, allowing the Vincere to maintain its slippery shape without sacrificing performance.

A solid foundation for a stunning machine.
The JC Vincere is based off the critcially acclaimed Virtu platform, itself a stretched version of the critically acclaimed Vurig platform. The Vincere is only an inch or two shorter than the Virtu sedan it is based off of. The Vincere comes standard with all wheel drive but even still is the lightest vehicle in its class by far, making use of the Virtu's lightweight suspension materials and tipping the scales at just 3200 pounds. The Vincere will come with two engine options: the 3.3.l I-6 producing 300 horsepower and 280 ft. lb. of torque, or the 4.4.l 380 hp V8 found in the Virtu. In addition, it also uses the Vendetta's dual-clutch gear box

The newest expression of poise.
The JC Vincere goes on sale worldwide this fall with the 6-cylinder model starting at $50,000, and the 8-cylinder model starting at around $56,000. The Vincere sits in a niche of it's own, fending off the BMW 6-series with superior looks and performance for almost $20,000 less. Consider the competition conquered, indeed.

I hope you guys enjoy it!!! Comments and criticisms are more than welcome, please!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Design Studio Moderator
Send a message via AIM to AXIS

WHOA knihc! this is absolutely gorgeous.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I can't say I lilke the facia. However, the rear is really nice. Looks nice, very attractive.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Absolutley stunning and really elegant. You done good.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
GOD made man 2 mak LAMBOS

The grille immediately reminded me of Lincoln's. Yet the front looks extremely good! I love the idea for the headlights, its really cool. The best part of the car is the rear. It looks really good. Side surfacing is cool too!
Overall very eyecatching design and an excellent marker render! Great work! :thumbsup:
Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer
Send a message via AIM to knihc2008

Thank you so much for the kind words guys! I'm glad you guys like this design!!!

Originally Posted by LamboMan View Post
The grille immediately reminded me of Lincoln's.
I was worried about that too. It's mostly the vertical bars that make it look like a Lincoln; the H variant of the Vincere will do away with these bars, and I'll have to think up of something else for a mid-model refresh or maybe an optional alternative to the bars. But as it stands, the bars are supposed to be much sharper and dense than thick Lincoln bars, I just couldn't draw in as many bars as I wanted to without making it look messy.

Last edited by knihc2008; 03-06-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks awesome knihc. The front made me think Lincoln too when I first saw it, but not a cheesy Lincoln, more like some really classy new Continental coupe. The taillights are exquisite, as are (as always) the wing mirrors. Great work!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
CSS Veteran

another good design. like everyone else the first thing i thought when i saw the grille was lincoln, then i though mercury, then i thought old american muscle car. the grille evokes so much. it has a nice stance as well. some very nice surfacing as well.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 AM
SNSD Addict

loving the rear-end treatment. it's sort of a cross between the BMW CS and an Aston Martin V8. really good!

15 year-old aspiring car designer and Seinfeld fan from Vancouver, BC.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:07 AM

Lovely design man. Just a thought, in terms of your front lights, how will you be able to see the lights if your not looking at the car head on. You kind of need to see lights from a wide variety of angles especially at night. Lol but thats just a useless criticism about the practicality of the lights. Who cares about practicality right? :) haha