FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
Puffhead, you're clearly offended by the fact that others are offended
Funny, I don't feel offended at all..
What did I say to make you think that?
Are you offended by the idea that I'm offended by the fact that others are offended?

I'm just very interested in -and amazed by- what different people consider offensive.
I guess I'm not the only one, we all just have different points of view.

That's why I think it's a pity (deliberately avoiding "shame") that some people who consider things offensive, often refuse to enter a content-related or contextual discussion.

Last edited by Puffhead : 03-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

I don't have any problems with your perspective. As I said in the thread for that video, everyone has their own opinion and stance. I don't necessarily feel offended or disgusted by that video, but I can see why some would be and why some wouldn't be. This topic is clearly your response to people's response to your statement. And while I don't feel offended by this, I do find it rather annoying, fruitless, and immature.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
I don't have any problems with your perspective. As I said in the thread for that video, everyone has their own opinion and stance. I don't necessarily feel offended or disgusted by that video, but I can see why some would be and why some wouldn't be. This topic is clearly your response to people's response to your statement. And while I don't feel offended by this, I do find it rather annoying, fruitless, and immature.
This thread isn't just a response to the video thread, in that case I would've just posted there.
It's a response to an overall tendency to be offended on behalf of others.
But since you mention the video...
I never argued the fact that the video is offensive to some. What I did argue is the fact that my video got removed, while the one in the opening post of that thread didn't.
If people respond to me, shouldn't I have the right to respond back? Or does everybody just get one turn in a discussion?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
CSS Veteran

funny i perfer being called black. puff head what country in afrika are you (or your parents) from?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedandGlorious View Post
funny i perfer being called black. puff head what country in afrika are you (or your parents) from?
My mother is from the "Caribbean mainland" (Suriname)
Geographically speaking Latin-America, but demographically considered part of the Caribbean.
She has full African ancestry. Difficult to find out from which country exactly (there are no records of that), but most probably Ghanese.
African culture among slaves was preserved better in Suriname than in North-America.

My father was German.

That's why just "black" doesn't really cover it, especially when some people are trying hard to find the errors in your posts.

But normally I would call myself "black" too, especially since people consider Obama black. I've been raised by my mother alone, so those are the values I've been taught.

Where are your parents from?

Last edited by Puffhead : 03-09-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
CSS Veteran

I don't know Puffhead thats why I perfer Black because I have this deep brown skin, I just don't know from where...all I know is that there was some slight naive american in my family (my great grandmother) and that we are most likely here as a result of the slave trade.

It pains me that African Americans are among the worlds orphans with no idea of the home land or who we are.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedandGlorious View Post
I don't know Puffhead thats why I perfer Black because I have this deep brown skin, I just don't know from where...all I know is that there was some slight naive american in my family (my great grandmother) and that we are most likely here as a result of the slave trade.

It pains me that African Americans are among the worlds orphans with no idea of the home land or who we are.
I read about some program where they can trace your DNA back , not only to the country, but as far as the tribe our ancestors were taken from.
I've been to Ghana some time ago, and the features of the people there really resembled those of my (mother's) family.
And yes, it's harsh that some dogs and horses have better documentation of their ancestry than we do.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 PM

My school is an extremely mixed nationalities school.
People are offended by all sorts of things.
Free tibet. Being called black being called asian.A black person is a black person so wehn one of my teachers used me as an example asying im white i said no miss im offended i am actaull anglo saxon.I got a dtention
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_128 View Post
My school is an extremely mixed nationalities school.
People are offended by all sorts of things.
Free tibet. Being called black being called asian.A black person is a black person so wehn one of my teachers used me as an example asying im white i said no miss im offended i am actaull anglo saxon.I got a dtention
People call me black all the time, some close friends even (jokingly) "negro".
I never felt offended, unless it's in a negative context (e.g. "does the black guy have to come with us" by some Russians in International College, when they thought Ididn't have basic knowledge of Russian)
Old 03-09-2009, 09:15 PM

Hell, im more african than all of you hahaha